Opinions: Tip your taxidermist?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions: Tip your taxidermist?!

So I am wondering if it is a standard practice, or a good idea to tip your taxidermist when picking up your mounts. Im not sure that I ever have, but I also dont have an extensive collection of animals on the wall.

TIA for the answers

I can barely afford the cost of the mount!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Tipping has got WAY out of hand. No.

Comment

No. Seems odd, but admittedly, I am one to tip for way more than I should. If he did something above and beyond then maybe so??

Comment

I don't think most professional taxi's would accept a tip. It's business that has cost and labor factored into the price. Do you tip your mechanic?

Some one doing taxi or Euros on the side, I don't think throwing tip there way wouldn't hurt their feelings.

Comment

Nope. Maybe if he delivers it to your house or something extra but not just to complete your mount.

Comment

I've never heard of that. No sir, I have never done that.

Comment

Why? They set their price and are working for themselves. I guess if it just blows away what you expected to get back even on habit I could see it

Comment

If I had more money then I knew what to do with, I would tip if I felt I received a service that was above and beyond. But.......I don't have that problem. I think alot of folks live beyond their means, and like to try and achieve a persona by tipping in uncommon situations. If you only saw their true financial situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Gclyde28 View Post
                    Nope. Maybe if he delivers it to your house or something extra but not just to complete your mount.
                    I have around 80+ on the walls around here, with about 15 or so in the hopper or waiting to get back into the country. All my animals are delivered, officially SCI scored & placed on the wall based on space or where I want it to go. My taxidermist is pretty big when you look at most taxi businesses'. The guys that come to the house I always give them something extra. It is always appreciated as they deliver mounts all over the country for clients when not in the shop.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                      I have around 80+ on the walls around here, with about 15 or so in the hopper or waiting to get back into the country. All my animals are delivered, scored & placed on the wall based on space or where I want it to go. My taxidermist is pretty big when you look at most taxi businesses'. The guys that come to the house I always give them something extra. It is always appreciated as they deliver mounts all over the country for clients when not in the shop.

That seems completely reasonable and well earned.

Comment

Only tip if a taxi mounts your bobcat and it looks good

Comment

I've done it if they come out to cape an animal for me but otherwise it should all be covered in their fee. If they went 'up and beyond' on a mount a might reconsider it though.

Comment

nope, tipping has got out of hand.

Comment

No

Comment

Working...
                              X