Waller county buck named turkey foot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waller county buck named turkey foot

Well after being after a buck my daughter named Turkey foot, we were finally able to close the deal on him last night. We have 2 stands here at my house and it seemed that, if he did show up, it was at the stand we weren’t hunting at. We had only missed 3 days of hunting and he would show up everyday we didn’t hunt. Monday night was the first night we had hunted and not seen a deer. We had some pigs come in right at dark, and after a little bit of chaos, they finally settled down and she made a great shot and dropped her first pig. Yesterday seemed like pretty much the same kind of day as Monday. The wind had picked up and the temps were high. I didn’t have much hope, but we gave it a try anyway. After getting off the bus at 4:40, me and Avery headed to the stand. It was another slow afternoon with nothing up til 5:35. That’s when I looked up and here came the buck that we had been waiting for limping in. I told her there he was here and after she thought I was playing at first, that soon changed to excitement as her face lit up with joy when she say him. She assumed her position as her came in. Once he cleared everything and got close to the feeder, she waited for him to stop and settled in for the shot with my 6.5 man bun. At the crack of the shot, the buck did a big back flip and that was the end of him. The shot was perfect and so were the memories that I got to make with my 9 year old daughter. To say we were both excited if a huge understatement. After closer inspection of him and taking our celebratory pictures, one of his toes was ripped off on the front left. Never seen something like that. So we loaded him up and took him to my parents to clean and cape out. This one is gonna look good in her new room. So proud of the effort she puts into things. Whether it be hunting or barrel racing she puts in 100% every time. This is what hunting is all about.
    Attached Files

And of course the pictures show up sideways lol. Would appreciate if someone could fix them

Comment

Great buck young lady. Congrats. Great job dad.

Comment

Great Buck! Congratulations to the young huntress!

Comment

Great buck, congrats!

Comment

Congratulations to the young hunter!

Now...why y’all call him turkey foot? jk...love the character

Comment

Congratulations to the young lady on a very nice unique buck and to you both for making memories of a lifetime.

Comment

Supercool! Congrats!

Comment

Congratulations on a great buck.

Comment

Awesome! Way to go.

Comment

That is too cool. Congrats to the young hunter on a great buck. Well done!

Comment

That’s awesome. Congrats to her!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Awesome! 6.5 mb rolled him

Comment

Sweet! Congrats to all!

Comment

Working...
                              X