Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MasonCo. View Post
    I have started a new hobby.

Not going to open any, just will keep drinking my cheap whiskey until I get a good stash built.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Theta peerless is pretty good
    You will wish you would have spent just a little more for small batch select 4 roses

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by howabouttheiris View Post
      My current cabinet...

Lots of good drinkers, but the only "rare"ish bottle is the ECBP B521.

You guys are gonna drive me to start hunting for bottles.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
      Man.. you got a good cabinet of bottles there! Jump on a great bottle to add when you get an opportunity! Hunting whisky and bourbon is pretty fun too!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Comment

I was amazed today during lunch I saw that Amazon Fresh has beers, spirits and wines for delivery here in Washington.. I started browsing around and bam.. added a few to the cart and crossed my fingers that it wasn't a bait and switch. About 6pm, same day the Amazon delivery guy dropped my package off and checked my I'd. I was floored that I scored some eagle rare this way. I hadn't got a bottle at a store in 6 months

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Comment

Living large with that haul!

Comment

I’m new to the bourbon game. A buddy turned me on to Woodford several years ago and I’ve stuck with that. I went down a YouTube rabbit hole and started watching this old guy that has a basement bourbon bar and now I’m starting to branch out. I’ve tried the 9 and 12 year knob creeks and russels reserve 10 year and liked those. I was a mixed drink guy, but lately I’ve been making old fashioneds and really enjoying them. This is an expensive new hobby and I’ve only scratched the surface. But my wife has started requesting an old fashioned in the evenings so that’s been cool.

Comment

I love this stuff
              You f anyone on here stumbles on some smoke wagon uncut unfiltered please buy me a bottle I’ll pay for shipping or pick it up

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
                I love this stuff
                You f anyone on here stumbles on some smoke wagon uncut unfiltered please buy me a bottle I’ll pay for shipping or pick it up

This stuff is pretty good, which is par for juice distilled by MGP. I’m very curious about the age of the barrels they’re blending.

Comment

Originally posted by WBT View Post
                  This stuff is pretty good, which is par for juice distilled by MGP. I’m very curious about the age of the barrels they’re blending.

They are blending some great stuff man. The high rye is nice. Will be interesting to see if they start distilling. In the meantime I’ll buy what I can, for the price it’s tough to beat.

Comment

They are blending some great stuff man. The high rye is nice. Will be interesting to see if they start distilling. In the meantime I’ll buy what I can, for the price it’s tough to beat.

If you’re into rye, check out Wilderness Trail. It’s a new distillery, but they’re doing some really interesting things. I believe their older barrels are about 6 years old, which may sound young, but it’s not for rye. I picked a barrel there last fall and it’ll stand up to virtually any rye out there. I’d gladly let you try some of the picks I have from them if you were closer. It’s great.

Comment

I love this stuff

You can purchase directly from the distillery and they will ship it to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If you’re into rye, check out Wilderness Trail. It’s a new distillery, but they’re doing some really interesting things. I believe their older barrels are about 6 years old, which may sound young, but it’s not for rye. I picked a barrel there last fall and it’ll stand up to virtually any rye out there. I’d gladly let you try some of the picks I have from them if you were closer. It’s great.

I’ll see if i can find a bottle. Appreciate the tip

Comment

Originally posted by JWF View Post
                          I’m new to the bourbon game. A buddy turned me on to Woodford several years ago and I’ve stuck with that. I went down a YouTube rabbit hole and started watching this old guy that has a basement bourbon bar and now I’m starting to branch out. I’ve tried the 9 and 12 year knob creeks and russels reserve 10 year and liked those. I was a mixed drink guy, but lately I’ve been making old fashioneds and really enjoying them. This is an expensive new hobby and I’ve only scratched the surface. But my wife has started requesting an old fashioned in the evenings so that’s been cool.
                          If you're just drinking cocktails (old fashioneds), you don't need crazy aged or expensive rye. Wild Turkey Rare Breek Rye is great for old fashioneds because it's higher proof 115+ so when you get the dilution from the ice, it's nice and balanced. If you like lower proof rye, Sazerac is nice, but it's lower proof so to me gets too weak once dilution occurs.

For older whiskey, it's best neat or on the rocks (in my opinion). For those, it's all personal preference. High rye? Wheated? Higher proof? Older tends to be smoother but more oak-forward. Flavor profile? Do you like caramel, vanilla, cherry, or cinnamon, tobacco, oak...research and try a bunch to see which you like best.

Comment

Picked up a couple today. OF is to help keep me from drinking all the RHF this wknd!
                            Guy had another bottle of the RHF which I’ll probably have a hard time not going back for tomorrow

What’s a bottle of rock hill worth to you guys these days??

Comment

Picked up a couple today. OF is to help keep me from drinking all the RHF this wknd!
                              Guy had another bottle of the RHF which I’ll probably have a hard time not going back for tomorrow

What’s a bottle of rock hill worth to you guys these days??

Rock Hill is great and very difficult to find. I'd be all over making a trade if we were closer!

Comment

Rock Hill is great and very difficult to find. I'd be all over making a trade if we were closer!

And I think the price was right
                                Paid an even $100

Comment

Working...
                                X