No announcement yet.

Carvana experience??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[quote=Johnny Dangerr;16064672]There is no back and forth at the dealer these days. You pay their price or leave...[/quote

If you had a trade in and still paid their price you may have gotten whooped!
    Last edited by Bucknaked; 01-26-2022, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BDann View Post
      Good buddy of mine is the assistant womens basketball coach there.
      That's cool! Small world!ha I had never heard about them before last year..their volleyball team lost in national championship this past season and has all but 2 back...my daughter is pretty excited!

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Maddox View Post
        FWIW - there isn’t much back and forth these days at the dealership. Its whats on the window (sometimes more) or you can leave the lot. At least with Honda and Toyota.
        Had a buddy drive 2 hours to buy from a dealership that quoted him on a 2 year old truck and when he got there to sign, they jacked the price up another $5k because "that's what the market is"... THAT'S what I wanna avoid cause I'll go to jail

Comment

Do some research on them. They have been receiving a lot of attention for selling cars before they have received titles. They were actually suspended from selling cars in several states for a period of time
          Last edited by bow newby; 01-26-2022, 05:43 PM. Reason: Mistyped

Comment

My wife bought her current car off Vroom. Not a good experience. You can pick it out and pay for it and they will tell you when they are going to deliver it by, but they probably won't get it to you by that date. And it's against company policy to tell you where your car is located, when it will be delivered, if it has been prepped for delivery or anything else even if you are several days after the date they were supposed to deliver it by. And even though you have already paid for it, they will still give you no info. You are supposed to sit around and stay local waiting for the call that your car is about to be delivered even though they won't tell you when that might be. And their customer service folks will for sure catch an attitude when you question their policy.
            Last edited by Capt Glenn; 01-26-2022, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
              My wife bought her current car off Vroom. Not a good experience. You can pick it out and pay for it and they will tell you when they are going to deliver it by, but they probably won't get it to you by that date. And it's against company policy to tell you where your car is located, when it will be delivered, if it has been prepped for delivery or anything else even if you are several days after the date they were supposed to deliver it by. And even though you have already paid for it, they will still give you no info. You are supposed to sit around and stay local waiting for the call that your car is about to be delivered even though they won't tell you when that might be. And their customer service folks will for sure catch an attitude when you question their policy.
              A friend bought a car from Vroom recently. Horrible experience. Run away.
              PM if you want gory details.

Comment

Now is not the time to be shopping for a vehicle, unfortunately. There’s way too many rebuilt/recon/salvage titled vehicles being sold, for top dollar. No way I’d pay these prices some are asking today. I’ve grown up in, and around, the car business. I love these people claiming a car has a salvage/rebuilt title due to “minor damage”. Umm, try again. Just do your due diligence, and you’ll find the right vehicle.

Comment

I bought a Tacoma from Vroom in October. No issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hmm..

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
                    There is no back and forth at the dealer these days. You pay their price or leave...
                    Depends on the state you buy it in...Trust me on this.

Comment

If you buy a used vehicle, regardless of who you buy it from, ask or pay to run the CarFax on the VIN. It will tell you where the car was owned in(run away if it is from the north), it will show if it was used for personal use, fleet use, or rental use, and you can also read into the service history of the vehicle. If the service notes show that it was in the shop more than twice for an “electrical system check”, “alignment”, “drive ability check”, or anything like that then run away because odds are it is a lemon. If the vehicle was sent to an auto auction then odds are something is not right with it. Why would a dealership send a perfectly good car to an auto auction? They don’t. If the vehicle has been moved from one dealership to another without being sold, then chances are something is not quit right with it.

All of this info is on CarFax. It won’t guarantee you won’t buy a lemon, but it definitely reduces the chances greatly.

Comment

Originally posted by coachk View Post
                        She's gonna be playing volleyball at Cowley JC in Arkansas City

I’m from about 30 miles from there. Tell her to take a coat.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                          I’m from about 30 miles from there. Tell her to take a coat.
                          Haha, will do!! Coach said there was only about a 10 degree difference in our day to day weather so it shouldn't be a HUGE difference...but my daughter doesn't like the cold much!ha

Thank you all for your responses!

Comment

[quote=Bucknaked;16064851]
                            Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
                            There is no back and forth at the dealer these days. You pay their price or leave...[/quote

If you had a trade in and still paid their price you may have gotten whooped!
                            As long as you research the value of your trade before you go in you can not get whooped unless you just let them. Car prices are high and firm right now, but your trade is worth way way more than it should be as well. Its supply and demand. Johnny is correct, and if you have not tried to buy a car lately you might get your feelings hurt. Dealers are not getting rich because they are forced to over pay for inventory as well, that is why the prices are high.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post

I could not agree more! I had the same experience when I bought my truck from them last fall. They sound great up front but once you have paid you are a sitting duck. Customer service is a joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Carvana experience??

This:

Do some research on them. They have been receiving a lot of attention for selling cars before they have received titles. They were actually suspended from selling cars in several states for a period of time. Florida was looking to ban them in there state if they did not clean up there act. Check out Your Advocate Alliance on YouTube and they have the details you need to know. Just a thought before purchasing!

Comment

Working...
                                X