Doe harvest advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doe harvest advice

I am MLD conservation option and still have 7 of 12 does to harvest. Problem is, they have completely stopped coming to the corn feeders. Anyone have any things they have done to attract them to corn? I have blocked their access to protein but even that has not made an immediate impact.

Can’t just drive around and finish the job ?

Comment

Hand feed.

Comment

Pick random areas and throw out a bag of corn.

Comment

Originally posted by Droptine3030 View Post
          Can’t just drive around and finish the job ?
          Too much brush.

Comment

We have to corn roads, walk areas we normally don’t go, etc. After a few years of heavy doe harvest they avoid the feeders like a plague on our place.

Comment

Originally posted by deerwatcher51 View Post
              I am MLD conservation option and still have 7 of 12 does to harvest. Problem is, they have completely stopped coming to the corn feeders. Anyone have any things they have done to attract them to corn? I have blocked their access to protein but even that has not made an immediate impact.
              How do they know how many you actually killed?

Comment

Eighteen years on my lease in Ballinger and I finally learned to kill most of the does early. We tried to kill 20 a year on 1400 acres and it was a struggle the first few years. We started bow hunting them pretty hard and that helped but we always had to kill the last few out in the brush away from feeders.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                  How do they know how many you actually killed?
                  They don’t, but I need to take mouths off the place. Every doe you shoot takes at least two mouths off.

Comment

Do you have any areas with water that you haven't hunted? It's dry in our area and they are hitting the water in the evenings. I would pour out 25lbs of corn around a water trough or tank and set up a camera for a couple of days. There is a good chance you will find a couple of doe going to water before dark in areas that aren't pressured as much.

Comment

Originally posted by deerwatcher51 View Post
                      They don’t, but I need to take mouths off the place. Every doe you shoot takes at least two mouths off.
                      Actually, every doe you shoot takes ONE mouth off the feed bill. Every doe you DONT shoot adds a mouth..........

Comment

Spotlight or thermal. Remember ain't nothing illegal if you don't get caught!

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                          Spotlight or thermal. Remember ain't nothing illegal if you don't get caught!
                          Lol

Comment

Just still hunt em.

Comment

Corn the roads away from the feeder areas.

Comment

Working...
                              X