wildfire bastrop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wildfire bastrop

BASTROP, Texas — Officials are evacuating nearby residents in Bastrop County as first responders work to get a large wildfire fire under control on Tuesday afternoon.

According to the Bastrop County Office of Emergency Management, the wildfire started at 100 Park Road 1A in Bastrop, just north of SH 71 and south of SH 21. At approximately, 4:15 p.m., Bastrop County OEM said the fire was burning along Power Plant Road toward Lake Bastrop North Shore, which is north of SH 21.

Not again!!

Comment

Prescribed burn by TP&W

Comment

Dang, the trees are just starting to make a good comeback from the last fire.

Comment

Originally posted by deerwatcher51 View Post
          Prescribed burn by TP&W
          This is what I heard as well. Not sure why they decided to move forward with it today, the wind is blowing like crazy. Hope they get it under control.

Comment

My wife drove through area earlier…. And saw a bunch of those “Prescribed Fire” placard‘s out on the road and as she was heading towards San Marcos she said she saw a bunch of firetrucks heading that way!

Comment

I’m sure that I’m missing something, but why would anyone do a prescribed burn in these conditions?

Comment

Originally posted by TTUgrad08 View Post
                I’m sure that I’m missing something, but why would anyone do a prescribed burn in these conditions?
                Because they’re from the government and they’re there to help ?

Comment

Originally posted by TTUgrad08 View Post
                  Cause they're experts and know what they are doing. Don't question authority.

Comment

Comment

Now you all know Covid started the fire!

Comment

Originally posted by db@100 View Post
                        Now you all know Covid started the fire!
                        That’s a dumb response to this thread. Everyone knows that Donald Trump started the fire.

Comment

First picture was outside of Blue in the way home. Then one out of our back door . It is still rocking by the amount of smoke in the air.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Dang!!!!!

Comment

The wind from the south is picking up and you can smell that the fire isn’t just woods burning.

Comment

Working...
                              X