Baker 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baker 3

Anyone been to the Baker 3 for a axis hunt since the big freeze last year ? Just wondering how they were faring in the recovery department .

They lost a bunch of critters

Comment

There numbers are way down since then.

Comment

I was told their numbers are way down. Freeze hit them hard. She has a Facebook page you can see some of the animals they have been shooting. It’s an awesome ranch and the owners are great people.

Comment

Man that’sa bummer

Comment

I wonder if it killed all the freakin' chiggers?! I hunted there twice and have the scars to prove it! A great place for sure with great people but the chiggers keep me from going back.

Comment

From their Website.
              Attached Files

Comment

We hunted last summer. We saw some shooters but very few most of the bucks had 12 to 16 inch spikes with big knobs on the end. I suppose from freezing during velvet
                Talbert told me they hauled off several trailer loads of dead animals.. hopefully this summer will be a little better..

Comment

Originally posted by Outback View Post
                  I wonder if it killed all the freakin' chiggers?! I hunted there twice and have the scars to prove it! A great place for sure with great people but the chiggers keep me from going back.
                  I hunted there about 15 years ago and the chiggers were unbelievable! Had so many bites when I came back, had to go to see a doc.

Comment

We hunted last year after the feeeze. The owner estimated 80% loss of axis. I still saw axis and some decent ones too. It’s going to be a while before they really bounce back. One of my favorite hunts but not sure if I’ll be going back anytime soon. One thing that really upset me too was no more turkeys during the March hunts because they were letting them populate. Two weeks later during Turkey season they were posting pictures every day almost of Turkey hunters…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We are booked for the 2nd weekend in Feb. we understand there was significant loss and hope they bounce back. We really enjoy the ranch and I’m sure we will still have a blast.

Comment

If any of you guys go on private bow hunts and need an extra guy let me know. I don't have enough friends That hunt to put a group together..

Comment

Originally posted by jds247 View Post
                          If any of you guys go on private bow hunts and need an extra guy let me know. I don't have enough friends That hunt to put a group together..
                          That is not a good resume lol

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
                            That is not a good resume lol

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
                            How so? Most of my friends gun hunt.. what does that have to do with me? Just because they aren't real hunters doesn't mean I don't know what I'm doing.. JK

Comment

Originally posted by jds247 View Post
                              How so? Most of my friends gun hunt.. what does that have to do with me? Just because they aren't real hunters doesn't mean I don't know what I'm doing.. JK
                              Don’t worry, the duckologist is a troll.

Comment

Working...
                              X