Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jury Duty - If you have a way out, do you take it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go if possible

Comment

Been summoned once and got picked. We convicted a pedophile in about 5 minutes. The judge gave him 60 years without the possibility of parole. I actually enjoyed it, and would’ve given that SOB the death penalty if it had been up to me.

Comment

Summoned and went in a handful of times. Served on two trials, one for 4 days and the other for 9. If it wasn't for the hassle of driving into downtown Houston I don't mind. People watching and listening to the ridiculous questions and answers is the best part.

Comment

I’m going the end of this month. I work a very busy job but I want to serve. Last time I got summoned, it was settled and dismissed on selection day. Pretty wild listening to lawyers go back and forth right in front of everyone.

Comment

Did it once before I was married and had special needs son. I’m his primary care giver so no, I will never go to downtown Houston again for jury duty.

Comment

a jury trial is one of the blessings of a free country. When one thinks about he could have been born somewhere else on the planet where jury trial by peers is not the case, the fear of being wrongly arrested by the gustoppo and imprisoned is real.

In an age where people in our great country little by little give away their freedoms for the sake of feeling safer about things, the complacency of attitude grows until men will give away their rights to an impartial trial or even their guns and right for personal protection.

Comment

The last time my dad was summoned it was something like challenging a traffic citation, or something to do with driving. He got called in to interview and they asked him if he had any immediate conflicts with the case. Well it turned out of the two cops that were being challenged, one had his daughter taking volleyball lessons from him and the other cop my dad had known from the dinosaur days. Needles to say, the defense immediately sent him home. On the way out he waived at the cops and said "see you tomorrow" hahaha.

Comment

Absolutely I would go do my duty if at all possible. I have gone several times even federal but never selected. My wife on the other hand has been on a few. She is a school teacher and I think they like having them on the jury.

Comment

I’m on the opposite of most folks here, if I can get out of it (legitimately) I’m not going. I have other responsibilities that don’t go away if I’m missing work, therefore it puts a huge extra burden on me. Maybe one day I’ll be the one needing a jury, but I still wouldn’t blame folks for getting out.

Comment

I’ve been picked several times and am happy to serve but my brother ran a small business that he couldn’t even take a day away from.
                      When they asked about prejudging guilt he would say… “ you wouldn’t have indicted him if he weren’t guilty” always got him out.

Comment

I'm about to be 40, never been..

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

It is our civic duty to serve when called.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I would serve on it because if I found myself in the situation where I was relying on honest level thinking peers that they would show up.

Comment

I just got my summons for Montgomery County for Jan. 31st. I go every time I've been called. Been picked only once and the defendant never showed.

Comment

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
                                You should not skirt your duty to serve as a juror. If you have legitimate reasons, fine. But what if you were on the other side? Wouldn’t you want a jury of your peers?
                                X2 I happen to enjoy it

Comment

Working...
                                X