Best feeder??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best feeder??

In the market for another feeder. My 2 yr old 600.00 feeder has not been working for 2 weeks now. Very frustrated. What’s been y’all’s absolutely most reliable feeder . Thanks in advance.

could you just replace the timer or what ever is wrong with the one you have

To answer your question i have the ASF stand and fill and have worked great.

Comment

Corn feeder = Lamco Low n Throw or Ranch King Mighty Buck

Protein feeder = Lamco timed trough feeder

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by kruppa24 View Post
        could you just replace the timer or what ever is wrong with the one you have

To answer your question i have the ASF stand and fill and have worked great.
        I would also look at just replacing the timer/motor before replacing the whole feeder unless it is in bad shape.

Comment

Looking for the best Automatic Deer Feeder that will last a lifetime? TWS manufactures broadcast deer feeders, automatic corn feeders that can stand the most brutal weather conditions. Call 1(877) 966-4600 to place your order today!

These. The 600# Old Timers. Better built than the Lamcos or ASF's in my opinion as they are completely welded, and without rivets. We have owned all of them....

Lots of good ones out there, but these are the quality for the $ in my opinion....

Comment

Get a reliable timer, battery and solar panel and your problem will probably be solved.

Comment

pm sent

Comment

Talk to Heath on here and buy one of their really nice gravity feeders. End of your troubles.

Comment

directional thrower from heath for corn

Ranch king or lamco for protein

Comment

Originally posted by walker1983 View Post
                    https://www.texaswildlifesupply.com/broadcast-feeders

These. The 600# Old Timers. Better built than the Lamcos or ASF's in my opinion as they are completely welded, and without rivets. We have owned all of them....

Lots of good ones out there, but these are the quality for the $ in my opinion....
                    These are solid indeed!

I just wish the corn did not pile up underneath

My buddy has the 600 pound new ones for sale $700.

Comment

Ranch
                      King

Comment

Ranch King the only way to go!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kenner97 View Post
                          I would also look at just replacing the timer/motor before replacing the whole feeder unless it is in bad shape.
                          2yrs old and these problems already??

Comment

Triple CCC game feeders. Been running mine for 20 years without any problems. The paint on the barrel is still in good shape. Haven’t replaced anything on it.

Comment

I build my own.

Got one that is near 15 years old, using cheap components just to prove a point (I did have to replace a solar panel about 5 years ago), the one I built for Dad is 10 years old and I have only had to change batteries every 2-3 years on each of them. I've built several for buddies that are several years old as well.

Dad's is built with stuff from West Texas Feeder Supply, in a 55 gallon drum. I carry them in to the shop every 3-4 years to squirt a fresh coat of Krylon on them and clean them up (plus lube the thrower plate and stuff)

Comment

Working...
                              X