Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 San Angelo surrounding area season thread..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
    Nice deer Mayham.

Been out to lease grounds and things are starting to get crazy…..lots of early chasing going on.

Rwc
    Was in irion Sunday and this am, hunting was still really slow for me. Didn’t see any interest from the few bucks I saw for doe, still feed only. We didn’t have the. Normal influx of new talent yet either. Pretty much the same deer I’ve seen all summer and none are that great. May just end up being a cull buck yr for me. Gonna give it a couple weeks then hopefully try again.

Comment

600 yards is no joke. Well done.

I sat all weekend and didn't see squat.

Comment

2021 San Angelo surrounding area season thread..

Our bucks started showing signs last week on camera. Both chasing and getting lucky! [emoji15][emoji12][emoji23] Reports from the weekend were things were really heating up. I’m done so just in it for the show.[emoji41]. About to raise hell on the porcupines and coons though!

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
          Was in irion Sunday and this am, hunting was still really slow for me. Didn’t see any interest from the few bucks I saw for doe, still feed only. We didn’t have the. Normal influx of new talent yet either. Pretty much the same deer I’ve seen all summer and none are that great. May just end up being a cull buck yr for me. Gonna give it a couple weeks then hopefully try again.
          Will be headed back out Thursday night after Brecks playoff game. Will update deer movement while there. Hoping to get a little better look at a deer I passed early Sunday morning.

Cell cameras are showing most deer are spending less time in pens with some feed not being cleaned up.

Best of luck to all.

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post
            We actually just had our baby girl that was named after the place. I’ve wanted that name for a girl ever since we got off it. Luckily my wife loved it.

Harper Mae Walden

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Very cool, love it! Congratulations!

Comment

Just got here this evening with every intention of staying thru Thanksgiving. Will be able to report any/all activity I see.

Comment

Good luck!!!

Comment

Congrats to all, new baby, biggest buck, everybody seems to doing well.

Comment

Originally posted by ccallarman View Post
                    Just got here this evening with every intention of staying thru Thanksgiving. Will be able to report any/all activity I see.
                    Good luck. Be safe.

Comment

Deer hammering feed. Young bucks seem interested but the majority of does aren’t ready. Bucks still eating inside of the feed pens together. This cold snap Friday ought to get the real men fired up

Comment

We need more than cool weather, we need a sure enough freeze to knock back the green. The desert is still in pretty good shape from all the rain we’ve had this yr.

Comment

yes I agree... every time I drive the Polaris to/from wherever I still am getting victimized by grasshoppers. Normally those suckers are long gone by now.

Mature deer only being sighted at water. This wind switch has them up & adjusting. New deer should start showing up thru the weekend.

Comment

Headed west tomorrow for the weekend. I’m taking my 3 year old son, so we will either scare everything off in the county, or get VERY lucky on a blind deaf animal! Haha

It’ll be good times either way. Good luck to everyone this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post
                              Headed west tomorrow for the weekend. I’m taking my 3 year old son, so we will either scare everything off in the county, or get VERY lucky on a blind deaf animal! Haha

It’ll be good times either way. Good luck to everyone this weekend.
                              Take plenty pictures. It will be the time of your life.

Good luck with the hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by texan16 View Post
                                Dang it..... sounds like you did him a favor. Congrats again on a really good deer?

He was really old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X