2021 Austin/Colorado/Fayette/Washington Counties Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
    Curious what yall are seeing as far as rutting activity in the Shelby area? Seems like they should be getting close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I haven't sat since opening day, but it's getting to be that time. The deer skull I posted a picture of earlier this year, I saw that buck on 10/12/19. He came out and made a scrape about 30 minutes before dark. That same morning, I saw two bucks fighting off of 389. I had the buck I killed a few years ago on camera for the first time on 10/18/18. Had multiple other solid deer on the camera within a day or two.

Comment

Originally posted by JMKro View Post
      I haven't sat since opening day, but it's getting to be that time. The deer skull I posted a picture of earlier this year, I saw that buck on 10/12/19. He came out and made a scrape about 30 minutes before dark. That same morning, I saw two bucks fighting off of 389. I had the buck I killed a few years ago on camera for the first time on 10/18/18. Had multiple other solid deer on the camera within a day or two.

I was expecting it to be starting here in the next week or two. Thinking maybe this good cool front coming thru Friday might help get it kicked off.

Comment

I've seen a few young and dumb bucks chasing uninterested doe...other than that, I haven't noticed anything yet. But its about time for it to kick off for sure. I need to check my camera that I put down at the edge of the creek bank, to see if any surprises are trying to slip through undetected

Comment

Sat this morning and saw four different bucks. One was cruising, one was bumping does around, & the one bumping does sparred with another buck as well. Most of the activity was between 7:45 & 8:30.

Comment

Tagging this thread to keep up with Colorado county action. Wife’s grandpa has about 90 acres just east of Weimar he wants us to try and hunt some.

Comment

Weather should be NICE this weekend. Good luck!

Comment

Anybody elses deer traveling mid day and early morning? 1-3am and around lunch time is all the activity im getting on cams lately.

Weather should be great this weekend though. Im hopeful these deer will get into a patternable routine soon.

Comment

Anybody elses deer traveling mid day and early morning? 1-3am and around lunch time is all the activity im getting on cams lately.

Weather should be great this weekend though. Im hopeful these deer will get into a patternable routine soon.

At least where we’re at, we tend to have more late morning/mid day activity around the new moon & full moon. Especially if it’s cooler weather. The moon overhead/underfoot times are late morning/mid day when it gets closer to the extremes (new & full). As I’m typing this, bugs are chirping. It’s not even 3:00 yet. I’ll be sitting this evening and tomorrow morning & evening for sure. Maybe Saturday morning.

Comment

Good luck man. Hopefully youll have a good one stroll through.

Comment

Good luck man. Hopefully youll have a good one stroll through.

Hopefully . I’d have to imagine I’ll at least see something this evening. Just feels “deery” right now.

Comment

There was a lot of buck activity the last few days. I saw a potential shooter chasing a doe yesterday morning, but he never came close enough to give me a shot.

Comment

I assume all rut activity is long gone now?

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post

Saw a buck locked down on a doe closer to Brenham this week. So I wouldnt say its totally done.

Comment

We had a really nice buck on camera on December 23rd a few years ago chasing a doe & working a scrape. And I believe it was last year, my Dad saw a buck chasing a doe in early February.

Comment

I would think that the next cycle is about to begin for the doe who haven’t been bred...which based off of the action on youth weekend and that following week, should be this coming week. We had heavy chasing going on that Sunday through opening of general season here at the house

Comment

Working...
                                X