Cows and crocs (shoes)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cows and crocs (shoes)

For anyone wanting to get in the cattle business, do not wear crocs when trying to pen cattle, if you can help it. 25 head of neighbors cows got out, saw them when I walked outside. Didn’t have time to put on boots. All s well that ends well, 30 min later they were safe and sound on my place and neighbor notified. Going across pasture in crocs is no fun.

Lmao. Did this once. Penned some mommas and pulled the calves off. Was going good till one mommas was not happy kicked me right in the foot luckily no damage can’t help but think the cushion from the croc helped not break something. Lesson learned not a great idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Noted

Comment

I recently bought my first pair of Crocs and if I’m not careful of going to end up in one of the “people of Walmart memes” or a badly damaged foot. I’m addicted to them. I’m either wearing boots or crocs and often forget, I’m not wearing my boots. An accident waiting to happen.

Comment

I have worked cows, welded, rode a motorcycle and probly other dumb stuff, in crocs. But I’m a slow learner…..welding has been the most painful so far, several times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I prefer working my cows in flip flops.

Comment

Put your crocs in 4 wheel dr first

Comment

Originally posted by Filletem View Post
                I prefer working my cows in flip flops.
                Funny you should mention that, I was out tossing cubes the other day in flip flops. And a little fire cracker we call red rocket (10 month old f1 heifer) comes flying in like the Bandit running from the popo and slides into the plate right over one of my feet missing my foot but cut off about a inch of the end of the flip flop.

Could have been a train wreck

Comment

I do it in Keens every day. My boy always gets mad at me because it isn't "cowboy" to wear sandals. It isn't about the outfit, it is about the attitude.

Comment

Originally posted by BonesandArrow View Post
                    I recently bought my first pair of Crocs and if I’m not careful of going to end up in one of the “people of Walmart memes” or a badly damaged foot. I’m addicted to them. I’m either wearing boots or crocs and often forget, I’m not wearing my boots. An accident waiting to happen.
                    Boots or Crocs for me.

Comment

I’m a dove retrieving machine in my crocs!

Comment

I put out a grass fire with a wet blanket and my feet(wearing Walmart brand crocs). That wasn't much fun. Had a mesquite thorn stick a croc to my foot too. All the way through and about a half in into my foot.

Comment

There are several good reasons I don't own any here. No one has mentioned falling on their azz in a boat or slick concrete. Yet. $40 for some injected molded rubber? Pass. Somebody made a ton of $$$

Comment

I have a steer penned up by himself that I’m feeding out for slaughter. I went out and was fartin around with him Monday morning while wearing a pair of tiddies.... not the smartest move I made that day

Comment

Originally posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
                              I put out a grass fire with a wet blanket and my feet(wearing Walmart brand crocs). That wasn't much fun. Had a mesquite thorn stick a croc to my foot too. All the way through and about a half in into my foot.
                              I had about a 1/4" stob/stick stuck through my croc and an inch into my foot. Very painful and a lot of blood sloshing in my croc before I walked out of that pasture. Not the most durable shoe for bouncing around on untamed ground.

Comment

Working...
                              X