No announcement yet.

Suppressor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eh I ran my nomad on a 16” AR10 in 243. My buddy runs a 16” 308. It’s plenty hearing safe. Lots of shots go off killing pigs at night.

Don’t go cheap. My only suggestion. Lots of opinions on brands. Lots of bad info given on TBH about gun stuff. Heck there’s folks giving suppressor advice that don’t even own one . I’m not arguing about any of it. Do your research. But know that you’ll be pleased if you buy a quality can.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
      Eh I ran my nomad on a 16” AR10 in 243. My buddy runs a 16” 308. It’s plenty hearing safe. Lots of shots go off killing pigs at night.

Don’t go cheap. My only suggestion. Lots of opinions on brands. Lots of bad info given on TBH about gun stuff. Heck there’s folks giving suppressor advice that don’t even own one . I’m not arguing about any of it. Do your research. But know that you’ll be pleased if you buy a quality can.

Ok, you just made me feel better. Lol
      Matt, I’ll get ahold of you when I’m ready.
      I trust you [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post

Very well said!

Like anything, buy once cry once

Comment

YHM resonator will be perfect for that rifle

Comment

16" 243... Lol

Comment

can

look at the length of the can before you buy...most people would recommend a 7" can for a 308...A 5" can would not provide as significant noise reduction for a short barrelled 308 in my opinion...but call the folks at TBAC...Thunderbeast...they can make a recommendation
              if you go with their muzzle break system you can swap a 30cal can around very easily on multiple rifles provided they are not larger than .308 caliber...you just need to buy the particular muzzle attachment for the thread pitch and caliber
              back to your question...if you plan to hunt in a blind or tight quarters I would second the recommendation for a 16" barrel
              16 + 7" can means you will still have 23" total length on your AR10
              a 20" is gonna be long...but if all you plan to do is long range target stuff then keep the 20", but its gonna be LONNNNGGGGG

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
                16" 243... Lol
                I’m glad you find it funny.

Comment

16" 243... Lol

??

Comment

Originally posted by Raider4044 View Post
                    ??
                    Not cool enough to do a video for YouTube on I guess. Someday maybe I’ll own some guns as nice as his

Comment

Originally posted by Raider4044 View Post
                      ??
                      chrono a 16" 243 ...it will all make sense ..

federal 100gr SP out of a 16" barrel will go around 2400fps at the muzzle and have about 1284ft/lbs of energy ... not to mention a bunch of excess powder burn into the can

243 needs longer barrels to perform 22-24 is a good spot to start..

you're better off shooting a ar15 in 7.62x39 ... federal fusion 123
                      2368fp/s 1531 energy ..

makes no sense to use this caliber in an ar10 platform ... 308 would spank it all day at 16" too..
                      Last edited by imyomama; 09-02-2021, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Suppressor

chrono a 16" 243 ...it will all make sense ..
                        Almost every post of yours that I see continues to prove your lack of knowledge on anything firearms related.

Nobody’s building a 16” rifle to be a speed demon. Lol

Velocity is a trade off for the easier maneuverability of a short rifle, no matter what caliber you’re dealing with. Trust me, a 95 grain bullet going ~2600fps will still kill deer/pigs just fine. I’m sure Matt killed plenty with that rifle.

I’ve killed a few hundred pigs and several deer with a 12.5” 6.5 Grendel SBR, and a 16” .243 is going to have more power than it does.
                        Last edited by Raider4044; 09-02-2021, 08:53 PM.

Comment

post a video ... chrono that 16" 243 ... heck.. just google it. ... nobody in their right minds would build one ... makes no sense !

what's next 16 " 7mag ? you guys are too funny ... i'm no expert but **** ... you guys are some experts in ballistics and powder burn rates ...
                          Last edited by imyomama; 09-02-2021, 08:59 PM.

Comment

and this is the same guy who was giving me crap about me shooting 300 blk ... that neutered 243 has almost the same power .... now that's funny!

Comment

actual data on chopping a 308 inch by inch ... 243 will be considerably worse ..https://rifleshooter.com/2014/12/308...ty-28-to-16-5/

what do you know .. found to for 243 too ..
                              Based on the ubiquitous 308 Winchester, the 243 Winchester has developed a strong following among rifleman.  The 243 Winchester’s 6mm (.243″) bullet offers reduced recoil and the abilit…
                              Last edited by imyomama; 09-02-2021, 09:10 PM.

Comment

308 lost 22.8fps per inch chopped ..
                                243 lost 42.3fps per inch chopped ..

168gr 308 out of 16" gun has 1000ft/lbs of energy more than a 100gr 243 out of a 16" gun...

but you can read the article yourselves ... you're the experts ... i'm done with this nonsense..

Comment

Working...
                                X