No announcement yet.

Draw weights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Hoyt Defiant has 55-65lb limbs. I shoot it maxed out @ 65lbs.

Mathews NoCam maxed out @ 60lbs.

Comment

60lbs and heavy arrows. Shoots faster than my older bow at 70lbs.

Comment

60 lbs.

do we need to tell how many times we go to the gym a week or was that just bonus information?

Comment

Im young and want all the performance i paid for when i bought the bow. More draw weight means i can push my average weight (440gr) arrow even faster. I don't like lobbing arrows with the arch of a rainbow.
          Yea, most shots are less than 20 yds, but i want to reach out 50-60 when the situation calls for it.

72# at 29.5"

Comment

63 on my 55-65
            70 on my drawlock

Comment

Comment

63 lbs on my compound
                50ish on my trad bows

Comment

70# on my Nitrum. I’m young and work out everyday, the 70# pull is easy. Why wouldn’t I want to pull more if I’m able to in order to get a little more performance? I’m well aware that 50# will get it done, but more is always better.

Comment

I would prefer to use mechanical heads since I primarily hunt 18 acres and need the deer to expire within sight. I also like the idea of easy tracking jobs.

Last year I was shooting: Bear Approach 27.5" Draw @62 pounds, 403 gn arrows. Calculated stats: 261 FPS, .46 Slugs momentum, and 61 KE. I lost a buck in November at 20 yards due to poor penetration. Arrow only went in 3-4", and there was zero blood to be found.

Heading into this season with a new bow and much heavier arrows:

Bear Escape 27.5" Draw @71 pounds, 560 gn arrows. Calculated stats: 243 FPS, .60 Slugs momentum, and 73 KE.

Comment

I have mine maxed out but think I'm going to scale back to 60-65 this year. I'm just not feeling it anymore and my shoulder has been hurting for a while.

Comment

My first compound was Bear WT2. I have no clue the draw weight but my first 5 deer with archery equipment fell to it. It was heavy and slow but I shot it well
                        My second compound was a Darton Viper that I had maxed out at 83lbs. Scaled it at a couple of different shops so I'm sure. Dang thing would shoot a 2117 or 2315 through a fence post. I killed a lot of deer with that bow. Then I bought a Mathews LX for my 40th birthday at 70lbs and it was so easy to draw. Probably the easiest bow I've owned to kill with.

Gary

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I shoot 70 lbs. Bubba weight.

Comment

All bow weight threads summarized:

1/3 answer question and that is all

1/3 answer question with a lower draw weight, feel need to justify it and call guys pulling more weight more or less dumb, cause they are not enlightened like the light pullers. They do this while smelling their own fartz like Prius drivers (south park reference :-) )

1/3 answer question with higher draw weight feel the need to explain performance and their power and their bow's power, cause anyone drawing less obviously cant read a website with IBO numbers listed cause they are too busy buying tampons. Then heavy draw guy has to head off to the gym with his protein shake

Comment

68lbs, 30.5" Draw.

Comment

Working...
                                X