No announcement yet.

Does it bother you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just boarded an AA flight in NOLA, didn’t even think to look at the paint. I’ll just be happy if this one gets out on time. Last week I was 5hours late getting out of Orlando because the plane I was in didn’t pass FAA inspection

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
      Mostly the result of outsourcing cabin service, fleet service, and maintenance to 3rd world companies. 3x DUI Doug Parker the CEO is cannibalizing the airlines from the inside out as fast as he can while putting millions and millions in his own pocket and thousands of airline employees out of work. With the grounding of the 737 max planes they had to go pull these junkers up out of the desert of AZ to take care of all the new flights they added. Yep, that's right. US Air/American has added a lot of new flights with fewer airplanes or employees to service them so they are scraping the bottom of the barrel now. Don't ask how I know all these things.
      Now I’m curious how you know all that?!

Comment

I fly SWA.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
          Wouldn’t bother me. I’ve always operated under the premise that the pilot doesn’t want to die either. If it’s good enough for him/her it’s good enough for me.
          Can personally confirm this. If something does happen we are the first ones to the scene of the accident. Just because the paint and interior are ratty doesn't mean it's unsafe.

Comment

Originally posted by UrbanBuck View Post
            Who flies from DFW to College Station? By the time you go thru the airport BS you could have been there. I don't get it
            Man, solid point

Comment

Originally posted by denimdeerslayer View Post
              Here is what I look like on those tiny planes. I didnt realize they flew into that airport. Also why I prefer to drive. If I have to fly then its business/first class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Son of a gun! How big a boy are ya? You need to sit in the middle to keep that thing balanced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I was a CH-53 Crew Chief in the Marine Corps. My first plane had 54 bullet hole patches on the #1 side from Vietnam. It was a workhorse and if anyone knows about 53's "if it ain't leaking, it's out of fluid"

Comment

Flying back from Vegas in January they announced we were on a brand new plane. I told my wife that's the last thing I want to hear. Give me one with a resume.

Comment

If they're not in the air they're not making money. They'll do the federally mandated minimum in maintenance and inspections to squeeze out every last penny of profit but they will be safe to fly otherwise pilots won't take off in them. And your comfort is near the bottom of their list of concerns.

Comment

meh... cosmetics.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                        Mostly the result of outsourcing cabin service, fleet service, and maintenance to 3rd world companies. 3x DUI Doug Parker the CEO is cannibalizing the airlines from the inside out as fast as he can while putting millions and millions in his own pocket and thousands of airline employees out of work. With the grounding of the 737 max planes they had to go pull these junkers up out of the desert of AZ to take care of all the new flights they added. Yep, that's right. US Air/American has added a lot of new flights with fewer airplanes or employees to service them so they are scraping the bottom of the barrel now. Don't ask how I know all these things.
                        Spoken like a true union man! Just let it go and enjoy your retirement!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Depends on what the mini bar situation looks like for me. Unlimited top shelf hooch I could care less bout a lil rust. Now a complementary 4oz bottle of Pepe Lopez I'm screaming get me out of this death trap.

Comment

I'd have to believe people with these issues are snowflakes.

Comment

I don't think the airlines are required to make sure their planes exterior cosmetics meet the each customers demands. Though I am sure you can request a copy of the maintenance log on that plane if you truly feel something was mechanically wrong with it.

Comment

AA employee here. That plane is about to be retired, so there is no point in slapping an $800,000 paint job on it. Worried about the integrity of the plane? No worries, our mechanics are currently in a bargaining dispute and are grounding aircraft left and right for any minor thing that doesn't affect the flight of the plane. That puppy is safe and I have 0 reserves flying on that plane. I'd even fly on the MAX right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X