Travel Trailer Rabbit Hole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Travel Trailer Rabbit Hole

We are about to embark down the rabbit hole of travel trailer ownership. I know all the downside, been reading plenty of horror stories, so no need to try to steer me in another direction.

My question is can the Green Screen point me in the direction of a Houston (or surround area) dealership and possible a salesmen that is at least partially trust worthy? I am going to need a little hand holding on this deal as there is much I do not know about the subject. Looking for a new bumper pull, multi slides, out door kitchen, etc.

Thank you

Brian

Don't buy new!!!

Comment

Funtown RV I bought mine there a month ago fro J.R. Great guy. They're on 59 South in Wharton.

Comment

Originally posted by cwbow View Post
        Don't buy new!!!
        My advice as well. Buy one a few years old that is in new condition. Hopefully the prior owner has worked out all the kinks and you save thousands of dollars.

We bought our first one this year that was two years old. The prior owner barely used it, it looks brand new and still smells brand new on the inside. It spent 99% of it's life in covered storage. We saved at least 10K off the price of a new one.

Comment

spend sometime on YouTube looking at RV's before you go. Learn as much as you can about them. There are so many floor plans and options out there.

Comment

I found out which one we liked, went online and got the wholesale price for it. And then I went to a local place an bargained them down. You will save a bunch

A wise man’s heart inclines to the right, but the heart of a fool to the left.
            Ecclesiastes 10:2

Comment

Originally posted by bps3040 View Post
              I found out which one we liked, went online and got the wholesale price for it. And then I went to a local place an bargained them down. You will save a bunch

A wise man’s heart inclines to the right, but the heart of a fool to the left.
              Ecclesiastes 10:2
              Can you explain how to find the wholesale price?

Comment

I have a forest river North Trail with 2 slides, full size bunks and foam queen mattress with outdoor kitchen and shower. 27BHS I believe is the model number. Would take $18K for it.

Comment

Google ppl motorhomes they are at 59 and the belt on sw side. All they have is used, consignment lot. They have a very good web page with pictures. Bought ours there and will most likely buy the next one there too.

Comment

go to the dealerships, look at different models, get your questions answered. Then when you have a better idea of what you want, find a used one close to what you have decided. There are plenty of used RV's for sale that are barely used and you will save thousands. Then if you get it and don't really use it as much as you think you will, you can sell it for about what you have into it.

Comment

Thanks everyone

Comment

You'll have better luck sandpapering a lion's butt while wearing pork chop panties, than finding an honest RV salesman.

We just got ours serviced, to get it ready to put on Outdoorsy. The dealership showed their true colors. Buying new is the dumbest thing ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
                          You'll have better luck sandpapering a lion's butt while wearing pork chop panties, than finding an honest RV salesman.

We just got ours serviced, to get it ready to put on Outdoorsy. The dealership showed their true colors. Buying new is the dumbest thing ever.

That’s so freaking hilarious that I fell out of my chair!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
                            go to the dealerships, look at different models, get your questions answered. Then when you have a better idea of what you want, find a used one close to what you have decided. There are plenty of used RV's for sale that are barely used and you will save thousands. Then if you get it and don't really use it as much as you think you will, you can sell it for about what you have into it.

We did exactly this. Found a floorplan we liked and then started searching. Wife found one in tulsa on fb’s marketplace. Drove to tulsa, checked it out, paid $6500 for an “old people clean” 2007 that was $24k on the lot and the only difference was electric awning and exterior speakers.

Comment

We bought ours from Lone star RV 45n@airtex

Comment

Working...
                              X