Shipping Pistol in Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cehorn View Post
    I know it is an old thread but I had a lady at UPS tell me they don't ship anything gun related as corporate policy. I hadn't packaged up my scope yet to return to Primary Arms so we listed it as a "bird watching device" so she didn't get in trouble.
    Well she's flat wrong. Their website has a whole page about their various rules on shipping firearms and parts. Scopes aren't mentioned - there is absolutely no restriction on scopes.

Comment

You should try shipping 1.4G. Most workers don't even know what the hazmat labels mean.

Comment

Shipping Pistol in Texas

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
        Old thread but I have a Q as I am trying to ship a pistol for the first time. Please excuse my ignorance and redundant questions.

Before I referenced this thread, I was under the impression that an FFL has to ship to another FFL. Called mine up and he said that he will print the label and I will have to then drop off with UPS/FedEx.... But why do that if I can just print the label myself and ship directly to my brother in Midland?

In-state pistol... I'm obviously overthinking this or missing something.

So I can print a label from MyUPS, take it to the UPS shipping facility (not store), declare its a firearm, refuse to let them mark it as a firearm, and ship it directly to my brother?

TIA

You can ship any gun to a resident of the same state without going through an FFL on either end in Texas and most other states (Not CO). You can ship any gun to a resident of another state without going through an FFL on the sending end (if the receiving FFL is willing to accept shipments from individuals). Rifles and shotguns can ship via ground or priority mail, however independent UPS/Fedex locations don’t accept firearms and you would have to schedule a pickup or send via their distribution centers. If you’re sending out of state to a licensee from an individual, include a copy of your state ID in the package. Do not ship ammo with guns, if shipping ammo its easiest to go UPS Ground and label the box ORM-D. UPS/Fedex require handguns to go by air, however FFL’s can send via USPS. Often times it’s cheaper to pay your ffl to send the pistol via priority mail than it is to ship it yourself.
        Last edited by kae006; 04-25-2019, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X