Why can’t we get REAL numbers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why can’t we get REAL numbers?

Why is it impossible to find a company in a competitive market that gives you REAL performance numbers? The numbers your paying a premium for.

Years ago I recall a certain bow manufacturer (un named) that would boast a speed!..... with an * and up to in text so small it wasn’t readable. And they wouldn’t do it, never did. Some not close. And I’m talking REAL numbers not “close enough”. Heck 72 vs 70 is 4fps and 3/8” too long draw is about 3-4... now we have accepted 8 FPS Unearned numbers and still won’t get there. Soon this became the norm and companies were forced to follow suit to keep up with the market. WHY? The numbers are what they are.... so just show them

Then coolers.... a 75qt what holds 60. I don’t give a $$&^, call it what it is so a consumer can compare without doing geometry in their head to see what is a better deal. It is what it is... call it that

Now I’ve been playing with different tree stand options. Not a single stand I’ve tested has hit advertised weight. NONE “11 pounds!”.......of you don’t use a seat or anything to hook it to the tree. Add 3#. Sticks?.... 2.5, whatever add another pound per strap. I shaved 5 pounds off this stand and it’s still 1 over advertised Still the best option and I would have chose it reguardless... so why lie about your numbers?

The best products are still the best products in most cases, but why do they feel the need to flat out lie? Internet sight unseen sales?

Fuel mileage on vehicles.... 32 mpg..... if someone is pushing it

its not their fault
    they just miss translated what china told them the weights are

have you ever tried to read Chinese

Comment

I tell my wife what 6 inches is all the time. Not her fault she doesn't know how to use a tape measure.

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
        I tell my wife what 6 inches is all the time. Not her fault she doesn't know how to use a tape measure.
        hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
          Just draw a ( * ) on the side

Comment

Here lies Low Fence. He suffered a massive stroke after opening a bag of Doritos.

RIP bud.

Comment

I’m not much of a gun guy, do ammunition manufacturers FPS numbers fall short? Don’t matter it’s going fast enough, just wondering

Comment

everyone seems to fudge most things

IBO is 70lbs 30" and 350gr arrow (but they will allow upto 72-73lbs and 30.5" draw i think) or at least that is what started to happen
                so that is how there has been really no change in bow output in our hands but manufactures keep upping the numbers by tiny bits

hey IBO can we fudge another 1/2 pound or 3 and then never tell the public yall are changing the standar?...

Comment

Originally posted by zanemanaggie View Post
                  everyone seems to fudge most things

IBO is 70lbs 30" and 350gr arrow (but they will allow upto 72-73lbs and 30.5" draw i think) or at least that is what started to happen
                  so that is how there has been really no change in bow output in our hands but manufactures keep upping the numbers by tiny bits

hey IBO can we fudge another 1/2 pound or 3 and then never tell the public yall are changing the standar?...
                  Unsure anymore. Use to be 1/4” allowance on DL. But I thought weight was specific.... easy enough to get perfect. But IF you allowed 3 pounds and .5”.... there’s 11 FPS padded into it... and most still won’t get there when you set them30”,70#, 350g

I’ll call a spade a spade..... seems easy enough to do

Comment

You are too young to be griping like a GOF. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                      I’m not much of a gun guy, do ammunition manufacturers FPS numbers fall short? Don’t matter it’s going fast enough, just wondering
                      Pretty close except creedmore numbers they are going an additional 1000 fps than the box states. Just ask the snipers

Comment

universal issue... you are relieving yourself into the wind... a headwind.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                          Only if they put barrel length on the box. From what I have seen yes they do do this as well. Usually within 100fps though which like you stated it will matter if you are shooting long range. Not so much at 100yds though.

Comment

Working...
                          X