Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alligator Shortage In Louisiana? Really?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank your liberal friends, family, co-workers and the like for all of this mess. It has been created by politicians and those who profit off their laws. Conservatives have given tolerance for so long it's probably irreversible. I am starting to be vocal with anyone that associates with a liberal outside of the workplace and re-evaluating my socializing with them as well. ( those that are socializing with liberals)

Comment

I am not so sure alligators are into politics?

But, I do know like crawfish just about every seafood place now serves fried alligator as an appetizer. I am sure places like Papadeauxs and Landry’s are buying in bulk.

Chicken is the same issue. My son has a restaurant in La.. Lots of items are skyrocketing and in short supply.
      Last edited by Bayouboy; 07-01-2022, 06:14 PM.

Comment

I’m not sure - not in that loop anymore, but wondering if all the storms last few years interrupted egg collections. Farm gators are 3 to 4 years old when processed. I can give you a few contacts for processors if you’re interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
          I am not so sure alligators are into politics?

But, I do know like crawfish just about every seafood place now serves fried alligator as an appetizer. I am sure places like Papadeauxs and Landry’s are buying in bulk.

Chicken is the same issue. My son has a restaurant in La.. Lots of items are skyrocketing and in short supply.
          No the gators are not in politics. But people in politics have screwed everything up.

Comment

Give Porters in Anahuac or Harlan Hatcher in Fannett a call. Not sure the legality on serving private meat but I have 40-50 pounds in chunks in my freezer that would need to be trimmed up but you can have some if it’s legal and will hold you over.

Comment

I heard there was a drought. Maybe the swamps dried up?

Anyway, hope ya find some Gumbo Man . Gator is one of the few things I can still have in my diet.

Comment

No one wants to work is my best guess. Cleanin dem gator hard work

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                  So we have not been able to get any gator for 3 weeks now and our supply Reps don’t know why. Our gator is farm raised and comes from different farms all over the state. Anyone over in the MotherLand know what might be causing this shortage?

I have no clue but I could start the guessing lol.

Maybe your suppliers are taking care of larger customers who may buy wild gators also and they are having to supplement wild for farmed?

I know we didn’t hunt for a year or two because of the cheap prices. Maybe that is starting to trickle down the the “local” markets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Alligator Shortage In Louisiana? Really?

Fjb

Comment

Guess Trump drained the wrong swamp. Well I’m no help but surprised this is the case and must be processing employment issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I appreciate the replys and will check options next week. The shortage might be short term. We only go through about 10 or 12 lbs a week as appetizers but I hate having anything on my menu that I can’t produce.

Comment

I know Bruce’s gator farm in Hammond had a lot of damage last year from the hurricane. Maybe some others got damaged also.

Comment

What alligator do you serve at your restaurant? Appetizer bites?

Comment

Are you buying direct or thru a distributor?
                              Calling a friend now with distribution to see what he says.

Comment

They don't want to pay a decent price for them any more just like fur buyers now days.Cost you more money to go out and hunt them than what you can make selling them. Unless your Troy getting paid Big Bucks to be on Tv and having Big money sponsors to back you.

Comment

Working...
                                X