GMC 0% - not so

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GMC 0% - not so

A new tactic discovered in the auto industry. I ordered a new Yukon today and wanted the 0% I see in all the ads. It was the 0% that moved the needle on a new ride.

They can't guarantee me 0% as they can't finance a car that's not there. It's a 9 month wait and will be a 2023 model.

Ok fine, but there are no Yukons in inventory.

So no 0% apr...unless offer is still available in 9 months. Which I doubt with these markers and inflation.

Can you order it with the expectation that the 0% apr will still be available and then it it’s not, cancel the order? I’ve never bought a vehicle that wasn’t there on the lot so not sure how that works. I’d imagine they’d try to lock you in without the convenience to opt out just like they do with every other major purchase like that.

Comment

A bit shady, yes.

However, if the 0% is a manufacturer incentive, it is pretty standard that if you order a vehicle, the manufacture incentive is only applicable to the month the vehicle actually arrives and you purchase. So, what is being offerred today, doesn't mean much at all.

It's really tough on the buyer in this market. Ordering a vehicle is 4-6 months on the good end and more speciality vehicles even longer. Dealerships provide almost no clarity on how long the ordering process will take and there's very little communication in the middle. Heck, most claim they will honor the price at time of order, but even that gets a bit shaky going out so far.

Comment

There’s 0% I’d own a GM anyway. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by BobbyJoe View Post
          Can you order it with the expectation that the 0% apr will still be available and then it it’s not, cancel the order? I’ve never bought a vehicle that wasn’t there on the lot so not sure how that works. I’d imagine they’d try to lock you in without the convenience to opt out just like they do with every other major purchase like that.
          I used Sewell and was 0 down 0 deposit. Basically I get first right of refusal when my build arrives.

So no risk, he said it will sell next day if I refuse. I have bought a few trucks from same dealership. Best dang service I have ever had.

Comment

Might as well get it. You’ll more than likely be able to flip it for a profit if you didn’t end up wanting it if there really is a 9 month wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
              There’s 0% I’d own a GM anyway. Lol
              Man I said that once. My last Denali had a peice of crap transmission. But all my experience have one issue or another.

My daily driver is 2019 Titan w Cummins. Your probably a hater on that one too. Many people are. But so far 100k and not one issue. Not too many out there. I will never part with it. Ranch life will be its next chapter.

Comment

Originally posted by Spearchunker View Post
                A new tactic discovered in the auto industry. I ordered a new Yukon today and wanted the 0% I see in all the ads. It was the 0% that moved the needle on a new ride.

They can't guarantee me 0% as they can't finance a car that's not there. It's a 9 month wait and will be a 2023 model.

Ok fine, but there are no Yukons in inventory.

So no 0% apr...unless offer is still available in 9 months. Which I doubt with these markers and inflation.
                With interest rates on the upswing. They obviously don’t have a way to figure how much extra to charge you for the vehicle to cover your “0%” financing.

Comment

This isn’t new. You can’t finance something that doesn’t exist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It has to have been issued a vin number.

Comment

Man I said that once. My last Denali had a peice of crap transmission. But all my experience have one issue or another.

My daily driver is 2019 Titan w Cummins. Your probably a hater on that one too. Many people are. But so far 100k and not one issue. Not too many out there. I will never part with it. Ranch life will be its next chapter.
                      Nissan makes a great truck. Cummins make a great motor. I have no experience with that combination To have an opinion

I’ve have many many GM products and 100% were piles of plastic $&&% made after the 86’ I still have (worn out, as it should be. Lol)

Comment

I used Sewell and was 0 down 0 deposit. Basically I get first right of refusal when my build arrives.

So no risk, he said it will sell next day if I refuse. I have bought a few trucks from same dealership. Best dang service I have ever had.
                        Wife had an Infiniti from Sewell, when she went to trade it in they didn't have what she wanted but Grubbs did. We miss Sewell.... everything they do is 1st class. Never had a problem with their maintenance/service dept, always had a loaner available for her (even during the pandemic).

Comment

People still buy GM products?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I ordered an F150 in January, they offered 0% or 2000.00 off the order total.
                            Truck will be delivered 27th of July. Sales guy says the 0% is still good to go. We’ll see!

Comment

Ford has started signaling that they may use the online ordering model with EVs... traditional dealerships are upset.... then they play games with customers like the hide n seek with 0% APR... surprise when people don't like going to traditional dealerships!

Was shopping for Fords earlier this year and I got nothing but games from the dealers in D/FW... and I have family in the business! I bought my 2022 Ram from Mark Dodge in Louisiana... hands down the easiest car purchase I have ever made in my life. Glad it didn't rob me of the joy of a new truck.

Comment

Working...
                              X