Truck load of dead immigrants. Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
    Global warming killed them. Gotta call on congress to act now. Stop this senseless release of carbon from fossil fuel.
    The plan is already in place to stop these senseless tragedies. Raise gas prices til they can't afford to drive trucks!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Not trying to minimize the tragedy of folks dying here. This has been happening for a long time. 2003, 17 died in Victoria county in tractor trailer. As much as folks want to blame it on Biden and Mayorga IMHO this is squarely on the shoulders of the smugglers. All he/they had to do was open a door.

Illegal immigrants have been dying in many ways for a long time. No administration has done anything that would permanently reduce the flow. And doing executive orders = temporary solution.

Summer 2004, 14 illegal immigrants found dead out in the desert over a weekend. Mind you these folks were out walking, not in trailer. Additionally, this was in one station’s area of responsibility. Who knows how many total deaths occurred just that weekend in the Arizona desert.

Having said this Biden’s policy are causing an enormous flow of folks to come north. FJB
      Last edited by Pedernal; 06-28-2022, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Evil View Post
        Beto is Irish, not Italian. O'Rourke.
        Depends on what day it is. Today is Italian Beto Tuesday.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Bald Guy View Post
          Does that mean that Trump is responsible for the 39 dead that they found in 2017 in SA?
          Things like this have been happening for as long as I can remember and aren't likely to stop anytime soon no matter who is in office.
          Those were because of obama's laxed border policies and a TRUMP WALL not yet completed, so no.

Comment

I feel really bad for these people. What a horrible way to die. My question is, how did America go from referring to them as "illegal aliens" to "illegal immigrants" to "undocumented immigrants" to "migrants"? They are not "migrants". "Migrants" are legally permitted to do what they do. "Illegal aliens" are breaking the law, which is what nearly all of these people are doing.

Comment

All he would have to do was to have started that reefer unit and set the temp to 60 deg! Someone would have found them before it ran out of fuel. A human life means so little to some.

Comment

Blame open borders, Brandon, whoever, fact is they chose to come here illegally and became part of the percentage that don't make it. Plenty die in the desert every year. That's the risk they take. Still sucks they went out the way they did, don't wish that on anyone. I got a feeling we'll continue to see stuff like this as long as we leave the gate into the US open.

Comment

Originally posted by KGreene View Post
                  A human life means so little to some.

Yeah there’s a couple in this thread. Disappointed in a couple of the comments. Not that those people care what I think. Celebrate the abortion ruling because babies lives matter but THESE human lives don’t matter. Someone left them locked in a trailer when it’s over 100 degrees outside and it’s somehow their fault… and “oh well” or “they should have came here legally.” I don’t disagree with the legally part, but it doesn’t mean that anyone deserves to die for that, especially like that.

Comment

Wonder when Matthew maconman will show up

Comment

Originally posted by nursejenn View Post
                      Yeah there’s a couple in this thread. Disappointed in a couple of the comments. Not that those people care what I think. Celebrate the abortion ruling because babies lives matter but THESE human lives don’t matter. Someone left them locked in a trailer when it’s over 100 degrees outside and it’s somehow their fault… and “oh well” or “they should have came here legally.” I don’t disagree with the legally part, but it doesn’t mean that anyone deserves to die for that, especially like that.
                      "OH well" was a somewhat callous comment I agree, but the "it's somehow their fault" is a misstatement. I believe what was said was "they are partly to blame too". I think the implication was that they're choice to come here illegally played a part in their demise which can be interpreted as at least partly "their fault". Like a certain Mr Floyd, who wasn't completely innocent in his end either. It was a horrible tragedy and completely avoidable by a single change in any one of many, many variables. Their choice included.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HTOWN View Post
                        The problem is this clown made it worse. Things are worse on the border than they ever have. .
                        Trump wanted to build a wall and Biden wants to let them cross without penalty. There's a difference.
                        Are you serious??

Comment

Originally posted by HTOWN View Post
                          The problem is this clown made it worse. Things are worse on the border than they ever have. .
                          Trump wanted to build a wall and Biden wants to let them cross without penalty. There's a difference.
                          Crossing without a “ penalty?!” The incident is proof that neither is a good choice….

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
                            Crossing without a “ penalty?!” The incident is proof that neither is a good choice….

Maybe you missed where I was responding to another comment
                            I can explain it to you again if you'd like but I can't make you understand it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                              A lot of y’all are wrong. The Whitehouse is very troubled by this news. That’s a lot of votes lost. Prayers for the souls that were lost and prayers for the survivors.
                              I thought votes from deceased were counted too?

On a more serious note…sad tragedy

Comment

Originally posted by nursejenn View Post
                                Agree. Christian values should lead us on this. It's a terrible tragedy and I pray for their families and that this stops happening.

Comment

Working...
                                X