Catfishing….

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Catfishing….

A couple years ago I took a shot in the dark and hired a catfish guide on Lake Fork. I wanted to take my wife fishing where she could catch some fish with no pressure, especially from me. She used to bass fish with me years ago but that was not her cup of tea. Bass fishing, as y’all know, is not particularly results oriented. It can be good but it can be really slow too. For me, that was OK because I largely fished alone. It was a good way to relieve the stress of a hectic job on my own clock, so to speak.

So that brings us to here. I chose a guy based solely on his posts and pictures on the Texas Fishing Forum. I was not disappointed ! Better still, my wife had a blast ! So we did this trip every year when she got out of school for the summer for a couple years. Last year we added her sister to the party and again we had a great time. The Sis is from ND, as is my wife, (but she’s been a transplanted Texan for forty years), and has never fished like this. This year when she was planning her visit she wanted to fish again so naturally we agreed.

Our trip today was great ! We met Shannon at 7:00 AM and were tied up to a tree by probably 7:30 or so. The morning was cool, we had a light breeze, and the fish were active. By 11:00 AM we were packing it in with a three person limit. When the fish were filleted three one gallon bags would barely hold them. Gonna be some great eating !

I highly recommend Shannon if you like to catfish, and especially if you have a kid or wife that would enjoy a good fishing trip. His number is 903-987-2315. The bait used was Stubby’s Cheese Bait and I can’t say enough about it. It’s clean to handle, with no smell that has to wear off, but the cats love it ! We were literally letting it go to the bottom, turning the reel handles two to three turns, and getting bit ! I’ll bet I missed half as many as I caught, and I caught a bunch.

I have no affiliation with Shannon or Stubby’s, just recommending a friend and a great catfish bait. They say a picture is worth a thousand words………
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Drycreek3189; 06-28-2022, 07:13 PM.

Heat the grease!!

Comment

Nice haul? That’s a big bucket of dip/stink bait (if that’s what she’s holding).

Comment

Got some fatties!

Comment

Wife n I hit the river over the weekend and hung a few limb lines

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow. Great trip

Comment

Great pics and happy ladies!
              Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Now that’s a mess.

Comment

Dang! That’s why you get a guide!

Comment

Heck of a morning on the water !!

Comment

Thats great... Ya'll caught some good ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
                        Wife n I hit the river over the weekend and hung a few limb lines

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Hope your toes recovers. Looked like that hurt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks guys ! Probably the best thing about this is how comfortable it is to fish on a pontoon boat, especially for an old fart ! No step up or step down and extremel safe for the ladies. And……he even has a place for them to pee !

Comment

Man that’s a meat haul. Congrats to you and your wife.

Comment

Awesome! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Working...
                              X