2022 Texas Rangers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
    Well, don't look now, but the Little Rangers are back to .500. Who woulda thunk it? They've beaten some good clubs, gotten some good pitching, and generally played some good ball. hoping it continues....................
    similar to many years earlier before August gets here.
    this time around they can't throw out the 'its too hot here' excuse.

but you are correct...who woulda

Comment

Dane Dunning has nine outs on 35 pitches. Pretty good start. Need to hit a little.

Comment

LAA lost last night for the 14th time in a row. Thats ok, still tied for 2nd with the Rangers.

Comment

Texas Rangers GM Jon Daniels trades spare positionless hitter Willie Calhoun for a spare from San Francisco. Calhoun was the big acquisition in the Yu Darvish trade. IMO, that is a fireable offense. Daniels had one good trade early on. The trade of Mark Texiera was great. He's had some other lesser successes. But there have been PLENTY of misses. More than i care to document.

But dang it, to wind up with a total spare part and a bucket of used baseballs for Yu Darvish (Not that i have that high a regard for Darvish, but he was well regarded around MLB at the time), is horrible.

Daniels may have pulled something over on the Yankees in the Joey Gallo trade. Josh Smith, Zeke Duran, and Glen Otto may all have something. Gallo doesn't. Time will tell. The guy (Daniels) has to have pictures of someone....

Oh well. Nats are in town for the weekend. Nice to see some different faces.

Comment

Be there tomorrow

Comment

Loved that interview with Charlie Hough tonight. Saw him pitch a lot in his Ranger days. When that knuckleball was working he made great hitters look foolish. When it wasn’t working it was like batting practice. Pitched until he was 47 years old

Comment

Yes sir. The interviews w/ the old timers has been great.

Comment

Texas Rangers GM Jon Daniels trades spare positionless hitter Willie Calhoun for a spare from San Francisco. Calhoun was the big acquisition in the Yu Darvish trade. IMO, that is a fireable offense. Daniels had one good trade early on. The trade of Mark Texiera was great. He's had some other lesser successes. But there have been PLENTY of misses. More than i care to document.

But dang it, to wind up with a total spare part and a bucket of used baseballs for Yu Darvish (Not that i have that high a regard for Darvish, but he was well regarded around MLB at the time), is horrible.

Daniels may have pulled something over on the Yankees in the Joey Gallo trade. Josh Smith, Zeke Duran, and Glen Otto may all have something. Gallo doesn't. Time will tell. The guy (Daniels) has to have pictures of someone....

Daniels isn’t the GM.

Comment

I’m aware. But he made those trades. I’m not sure what Chris Young does.

Comment

Daniels may have pulled something over on the Yankees in the Joey Gallo trade. Josh Smith, Zeke Duran, and Glen Otto may all have something. Gallo doesn't.
                      So, you think they should fire someone for trading a player that has nothing for three players that have something?

Comment

Originally posted by knucklehead View Post
                        So, you think they should fire someone for trading a player that has nothing for three players that have something?
                        He doesn’t even know who the GM is so he’s not really sure about anything.

Comment

You aren’t considering Darvish’s contract situation. He wasn’t worth that much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The parking alone here has ruined the desire to go to these games. What a train wreck

Comment

Special day for the Thomas household. Nolan's first Ranger game!!

Comment

That other team from Texas thru a no hitter in Yankee stadium today 😄

Comment

Working...
                                X