Vortex binoculars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vortex binoculars

I was very impressed with mine… until I looked through a buddies Swarovski in the Colorado backcountry. There is a huge difference, in both price and clarity! BUT I’m a budget hunter at my core, so the Vortex diamondback are what I continue to use. I have the 10x40 and made sure to buy them on sale! If I hunted out west more frequently I would DEFINITELY upgrade, but the way I typically hunt I don’t even use them while on a sit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Meh I have two pair and they are just ok. Leupold are better and made in USA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m in the Diamondback camp. Good glass for the money.

Comment

Just depends how much you wanna pay. The diamondbacks aren't bad, but if you can pay a little more you'll get a little more. I had a set of 8x42 Diamondbacks (non HD) that weren't bad for what I paid new. I wound up getting a pair of used Meopta Meopros for $200 and they were far better.
          And yes, the vortex warranty is awesome. But a warranty doesn't do much good in the field!

Unfortunately someone stole the Meopta's out of my vehicle so I'm running a set of Hawk Frontier ED which are a decent mid level glass. I didn't, and wouldn't pay MSRP for the $500 ish they cost.

I'd read up on some of the birding reviews on binos in the price range. Those people take their glass seriously.

Comment

All great info. Soto what power of Leopoldo do you have?

Comment

Love mine and can't complain about the warranty!

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
                All great info. Soto what power of Leopoldo do you have?
                12 x 50 Pro Guide HD

Comment

My diamondbacks are solid. Who TH buys $2k binoculars . Like yo don’t worry bout my Walmart siroloin this fork I got is Crested in jewels and gold dipped it’s the most quality fork ever made. They’re binoculars.. it’s a fork..

Comment

Originally posted by 3rdCoastHunter View Post
                    My diamondbacks are solid. Who TH buys $2k binoculars . Like yo don’t worry bout my Walmart siroloin this fork I got is Crested in jewels and gold dipped it’s the most quality fork ever made. They’re binoculars.. it’s a fork..
                    Any man that chooses sirloin over ribeye gets an automatic DQ from the opinion section

Those Diamondback HD 10x42s are solid binos for the money. I got my daughter some leupold McKenzie BX1 10x42s. They suck. .5/10 would not recommend. Diamondback or Viper HDs if you’re on a tight budget.

Comment

Originally posted by 3rdCoastHunter View Post
                      Lol!

Comment

You spend more time in your binoculars than your scope, buy the best you can afford.

Vortex warranty is top notch if you ever need it, Razor series gets my vote

Comment

I have vortex Razor UHD 12x50 for hunting out west and I love them.

Comment

I have the Diamondback HD 10x42. I use them mainly for 3D, and they are great for that. I can tell you their customer service is great!!! I just (in the last month) needed a new eyecup for mine and they replaced them with a brand new pair!!!!! I don’t use binos much for hunting as I am mostly a close range bowhunter. IMHO, you can’t beat them in their price range.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I prefer the ones made by SIG. similar price and better optics to my eyes.

Comment

I've got a pair of the 10x50. They replaced some similar price range Leupolds. For $200 they are about as good as you can get. If I was hunting out west where good glass mattered I'd drop the coin on something better but for feeder sentry work they are fine.

Comment

Working...
                                X