Poor Man's Stand & Fill : All Seasons Barrel Buddy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poor Man's Stand & Fill : All Seasons Barrel Buddy

With the patented ASF Barrel Buddy, you can turn any 55-gallon style into a low-profile corn deer feeder barrel! Order your complete setup online today.

Wonder how someone keeps cows and hogs from rolling it around, doesn’t look stable , without a fence
    Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 06-21-2022, 09:23 AM.

Comment

I like it… you would need to stake it down

Comment

Originally posted by s-3 ranch View Post
        wonder how someone keeps cows and hogs from rolling it around, doesn’t look stable
        lol!

Comment

neat concept, but it still looks pretty tippy around cows or hogs. I would bolt it to a skid for stability.

Comment

Three tpost and some wire your gtg

Comment

Pretty darn good idea

Comment

My coons would love this design

Comment

Originally posted by buck_wild View Post
                  My coons would love this design
                  Y'all are coon-huggers down south?

Comment

Bolt those feet to a piece of plywood and whatever is trying to push it over is standing on the anchor.

Comment

Like every other feeder unless your hog hunting a round pen solves the tipping over concern. Add in a few dog poof coon traps while spending the weekend at the lease will keeps the coons at bay....... Or should.

Comment

Interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Jkbow View Post
                          Add in a few dog poof coon traps while spending the weekend at the lease will keeps the coons at bay....... Or should.

I wish that were the truth....We've trapped 438 coons with dog proofs since May 2015 and there is no at bay for us. They still keep coming and making them. With the drought they must e coming from miles around.

That narrow barrel feeder, their ability to stand on the ground and rake and the 350lb capacity would be bad news at our place.....unless it has an eliminator or some other barrier to the spinner. The 1x1" 55 gallon cages work because the coon can't get his shoulder in. Here there is no stopping him short.
                          Last edited by Smart; 06-21-2022, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                            I wish that were the truth....We've trapped 438 coons with dog proofs since May 2015 and there is no at bay for us. They still keep coming and making them. With the drought they must e coming from miles around.

That narrow barrel feeder, their ability to stand on the ground and rake and the 350lb capacity would be bad news at our place.....unless it has an eliminator or some other barrier to the spinner. The 1x1" 55 gallon cages work because the coon can't get his shoulder in. Here there is no stopping him short.
                            I've never been on a place that we had that many coons that we couldn't keep under control. Do you think your protein feeders are pulling them into the area?

Comment

That thing is a coon's wet dream

Comment

Working...
                              X