Stringing Reel ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stringing Reel ?

I’ve never put string on this style. I assume flip lever & just tie string on & get after it reeling. Lever flips over & catches string & reel in string
    Just asking for a gut check that’s about all there is to it correct
    Attached Files

Yes, and keep tension on the line while winding.

Unless I’ve been doing it wrong all these years.

Comment

Bruh google YouTube it’ll blow your mind

Comment

Crank a few times and open the bale. If it jumps unwinding the string in tangled loops, turn the spool of string over. If you don’t, you will have a mess trying to fish. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by 3rdCoastHunter View Post
          Bruh google YouTube it’ll blow your mind
          Yeah but my service out here in the country sucks & videos loading can be a pain to try & watch

Comment

After you string the reel secure the line with a rubber band and soak the spool in warm water for an hour or so. (Monofilament line)

It will take out some of the “memory” from the spool and lesson the tangled loops mentioned above.

Comment

Originally posted by kurt68 View Post
              Crank a few times and open the bale. If it jumps unwinding the string in tangled loops, turn the spool of string over. If you don’t, you will have a mess trying to fish. :-)
              Originally posted by mikebyrge View Post
              After you string the reel secure the line with a rubber band and soak the spool in warm water for an hour or so. (Monofilament line)

It will take out some of the “memory” from the spool and lesson the tangled loops mentioned above.
              Both interesting, I’ve only spooled a few spinning reels for others, but this explains a lot.

Comment

If stinging with braid, put a few wraps of mono on so the braid doesn’t slip. Electrical tape works also. Wrap the spool in a layer of electrical tape and then tie the braid on. Non factor with mono line

Comment

Face the spool of line toward the reel and make sure the line comes off in the same rotation as it is going on the spool on your reel. If not you will twist the line.

Comment

With mono, after spooling, stretch the line. Tie it off to an anchor point, then play out a couple hundred feet then gently stretch the line. This helps with line memory. Or, spool with braid and get to fishing’.

Comment

Originally posted by boy wonder View Post
                      With mono, after spooling, stretch the line. Tie it off to an anchor point, then play out a couple hundred feet then gently stretch the line. This helps with line memory. Or, spool with braid and get to fishing’.
                      Both of these.

The twist and flip Kurt mentions is more important

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

If your line gets loops in it , feed the line without a weight of any kind just line , till the very end of your spool. Use your motor or trolling motor to pull the line off , reel it in and all of the loops and memory will be gone.

Comment

Dang you guys made it more complicated
                          Finally got it I think. My son wants to catch some catfish out of our pond. Got some in the 5-6 lb range
                          Is it just me but the string loops on the pole getting smaller. My old eyes struggled to thread through. Like a threading a needle

Comment

Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post
                            Dang you guys made it more complicated
                            Finally got it I think. My son wants to catch some catfish out of our pond. Got some in the 5-6 lb range
                            Is it just me but the string loops on the pole getting smaller. My old eyes struggled to thread through. Like a threading a needle
                            Yes, the loops are getting smaller. It’s a conspiracy to discriminate against GOF’s.

Comment

This

Comment

Working...
                              X