ITP Mud Lites - Lugs Ripping Loose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ITP Mud Lites - Lugs Ripping Loose

Have a set of these on my polaris ranger - really like them but the right rear keeps ripping at the lugs. These are 6 ply tires. Did I just get a bad tire? Or is this normal? Should I go with a higher ply different tire?

Any help is appreciated.

Ply shouldn’t make a difference in lug separation.

Comment

Does it happen on hard right turns?

Comment

Is it possible you run a lot of pavement not in turf mode? I’ve seen that put a hurtin on rear tires?

Comment

Not that I can tell - and for now it appears it's only this one tire. On the inside of the tire under the lugs there are threads showing - like the rubber is gone and the ply is exposed. I haven't looked at the others as they haven't been off the rim.

Comment

I'm almost always on dirt. Ranger is a 2006 and as far as I know I can run normal, lock the rear or all wheel drive. Not sure what turf mode is but I don't think I have this option.

Comment

It’s just unlocking the rear. Essentially one wheel drive to keep you from tearing up turf when turning.

Comment

Rotate the tires and see if it happens to a different tire.

Comment

Turf mode is what you are calling normal (rear un-locked)

I'm on my second set on my Ranger and my son has them on his Honda (which does see paved usage) and neither of us have had this issue

Comment

Looks like it might just be a bad tire. Appreciate the responses.

Comment

Working...
                    X