Custom blazers and sports coats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom blazers and sports coats

Any recommendations for a place to get a custom sports coat and vest made around the San Antonio area?
    What have you paid for yours recently?
    This will be my first custom sports coat and I have to admit that I had a little bit of sticker shock when I was told the price from my first fitting. Lol

In for info

Comment

I use a guy from Tom James. You can do everything custom. I hate going to mens warehouse or the other clothing lines. My Tom James rep comes to my office. We do the fitting and all there. He orders it and then brings back when it’s ready. It’s pricey but for me it’s worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Tom James, J Hilburn, and Q Clothiers are good made to measure options, which most people consider "custom" clothing. If you're used to buying off the rack and using a tailor, the made to measure sports coat should have a much better fit and look, assuming your salesperson does a good job on measurements.
        You should be in the $800-$1000 range for a quality sports coat, although looking online J Hilburn has a few fabric options that are priced less and some that are priced more. My advice would be not to go crazy on your first purchase since it may be a different fit and feel than you're used to, and then if you like the fit and feel (and your budget allows), buy 1-2 more down the road of a higher fabric quality that you'll wear a lot.

Comment

I bought one five years back at Brooks Brothers. Boy is it sharp looking and worth the $850 paid for it. It made me get a suit made afterward.

Comment

Originally posted by DimmitCo View Post
            Tom James, J Hilburn, and Q Clothiers are good made to measure options, which most people consider "custom" clothing. If you're used to buying off the rack and using a tailor, the made to measure sports coat should have a much better fit and look, assuming your salesperson does a good job on measurements.
            You should be in the $800-$1000 range for a quality sports coat, although looking online J Hilburn has a few fabric options that are priced less and some that are priced more. My advice would be not to go crazy on your first purchase since it may be a different fit and feel than you're used to, and then if you like the fit and feel (and your budget allows), buy 1-2 more down the road of a higher fabric quality that you'll wear a lot.
            Q clothier was where my first fitting was. Service and quality were both top notch! They had me at $2,100 out the door for a custom jacket, custom vest, and custom shirt. I tried mens wearhouse after that, it was a joke. When it comes to a gun, optics, smoker, etc. I don’t mind paying that, but I know what I’m getting. I’m in a new world when it comes to custom clothing. I want to make sure that I’m not over paying and wanted a few options and opinions from people with more experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Geraldg6 View Post
              I use a guy from Tom James. You can do everything custom. I hate going to mens warehouse or the other clothing lines. My Tom James rep comes to my office. We do the fitting and all there. He orders it and then brings back when it’s ready. It’s pricey but for me it’s worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
              I’ll check them out. Thank you.

Comment

Penners

Comment

Mens Wearhouse makes custom suits and jackets.

Comment

Originally posted by C5BowHunter View Post
                    Any recommendations for a place to get a custom sports coat and vest made around the San Antonio area?
                    This will be my first custom sports coat and I have to admit that I had a little bit of sticker shock when I was told the price from my first fitting. Lol

It’s been a couple of years since I’ve been there, but I seem to remember something like that at The Pearl Brewery District. Might have had the word “bespoke” in it?

Comment

Originally posted by C5BowHunter View Post

Sending you a pm with my guy south of San Antonio

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X