Dirty sales service at Northside Ford in San Antonio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RGV Hunter View Post
    I just found out another little lie. When I was in the process of buying the truck the salesman told me that the truck was in the shop because it had a recall so I could not see it. I asked him what the recall was and he said he did not know. When I called Ford to file a complaint the following day I advised the lady about the recall. She asked what the recall was and I told her that the salesman did not know. She asked for the VIN# which I provided and she looked it up. AND what do ya know! She said the vehicle with this VIN# has never had a recall issued to it.

The salesman lied to me to keep me from seeing the truck I guess. As I figure, their plan was to either make me pay more money or discourage me from buying it and selling it for more money to someone else. These people should be in jail. Pass the word around DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM NORTHSIDE FORD IN SAN ANTONIO.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
    Sorry guys it is suppose to say NORTHSIDE FORD.[emoji1787][emoji1787]

Last edited by RGV Hunter; 06-02-2022, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Got some good news out of all of this. Northside Ford reimbursed me my $500 deposit. In my opinion that just confirms that I was right because if I had backed out of this deal just because I changed my mind, they would not have given me my $500 deposit back. As greedy as they are they would have kept it. They knew they screwed up on the agreement. I was waiting on them to tell me otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Planner View Post
        Northside Ford is terrible… I wouldn’t buy a truck from them if they were giving ‘em away at the bottom of my driveway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Same here. Had one several years ago that had a leaky rear brake light on the cab. It was a known defect on that model. Ruined my headliner and they would not do anything about it. Headliner won't cost them anything to replace. General Manager told me it was because I didn't have my vehicle serviced there - never set foot near there again.

Comment

To me, that’s not near enough. You need to reach out to owner of dealership, I’m sure he would not be pleased how his manager is treating customers and poor reviews caused by it.

Keep leaving reviews, calls, etc. They should make it right!

Got some good news out of all of this. Northside Ford reimbursed me my $500 deposit. In my opinion that just confirms that I was right because if I had backed out of this deal just because I changed my mind, they would not have given me my $500 deposit back. As greedy as they are they would have kept it. They knew they screwed up on the agreement. I was waiting on them to tell me otherwise.

Comment

From what I hear many or most dealerships are doing that. Boggus Ford in Harlingen at least tells you that they cannot guarrantee the price when the truck gets here. (Still not right but at least they tell you).

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
              Unbelievable what people are paying for a lot of things these days. The sellers are doing what they want, how they want because they know the line forms to the left if deals fall through.
              I’d like for the people to just say enough is enough and quit buying vehicles fora bit. Imagine in they sold ZERO cars or trucks for 3 months until prices came back down to MSRP or below.

Yeah, I know it will never happen, but it would be awesome.

Comment

Have a feeling I will be going through this same thing real soon. X-plan price now is $1,200 more than when I originally ordered. Called the dealer and they acted as if they cannot go off the original X-plan order sheet/price level b/c there wasn't a VIN# yet. They also accepted my $500 deposit at the time of ordering. You would think by them accepting the $500 earnest money should lock in the price at time of order.

Comment

Originally posted by NockUmOut View Post
                  Have a feeling I will be going through this same thing real soon. X-plan price now is $1,200 more than when I originally ordered. Called the dealer and they acted as if they cannot go off the original X-plan order sheet/price level b/c there wasn't a VIN# yet. They also accepted my $500 deposit at the time of ordering. You would think by them accepting the $500 earnest money should lock in the price at time of order.
                  You should have gotten an email from Ford when the vehcile is getting built. They will assign a VIN# to it at that time. It did not help me anyway. Northside Ford still jacked up the price. When I called Ford to compain, the Ford marketing department said there is nothing they can do because they are independent dealers that they cannot control their pricing. I kept insisting that it was not right and the lady just hung up on me.

Comment

Sad deal! I have a list of dealerships I won't use for sales and maintenance issues.

Comment

I ordered a brand new F350 from Northside for a specified price. Three months later upon arrival I was set to sign on the dotted line but the price changed. At first they tried to sneak in the extended service warranty which I had already told them that I did not want. After removing the extended warranty the price was still $2500 higher. I brought that up and they said that there was a price increase. I told them that that was not the price that we agreed on. They refused to remove the extra $2500. They knew that if I did not agree to the additional price that they could sell it for more money because now it was a brand new truck on the lot. That was a dirty trick on their part. I was going to pay cash for it. In my opinion they could not make money on the financing so they changed the price in hopes that I would pay the higher price or they would just sell it for more money on the lot. DO NOT BUY AT NORTHSIDE FORD IN SAN ANTONIO.

Bill Fick took care of me on the increases.

When they sent me the final sticker it was a couple grand higher and the Sales manager said there have been some increases but not to worry I was locked in.

Pricing matched when I went to finance mangers office so it was good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Tadaaaa!

Comment

Happy Father's to all of you.

Comment

jerp,----- the stealership, ain't got any leverage, as long as my checkbook
                            stays in my pocket...

And I ain't getting used, to any of this crap.
                            They deal on my terms...or we don't deal at all.....

Way Ta Go----- OP......

Comment

Hertel Auto Group was straight up with us. They buy the vehicle of your choice at auction with your permission and bid according to the budget that you tell them. After all expenses included they charged us $1,000 over invoice. The price of the vehicle did not matter, they charge $1,000 over invoice, period... If they estimate that they will be over your budget they will not bid on the vehicle. They do a nation wide search for the vehicle that matches what you want. All you do is just sit back and wait for them to send you emails on what is available. The salesman Allen Stearns bombarded us with emails of different trucks. This truck was being auctioned in Pennsylvania. 2021 Dodge 2500 with 7849 miles. It was 11K cheaper than the ford truck I was going to buy. We flew to Fort Worth to pick it up and the truck was just as Allen Stearn had described. It was parked by the entrance to the car lot waiting for us. We could not be happier.

It did not matter to him if we paid cash or financed, either way the price tag was $1,000 over invoice. We test drove the truck and that was it. We paid with a personal check and drove off with it. We spent about 5 minutes signing and talking about the truck. The rest of the conversation was about getting to know each other. It was great.

Comment

Working...
                              X