No announcement yet.

Plumbing ?? Pex underground

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about water well fittings? . . Pex?. .

Comment

Pex underground is fine, but unless you want to buy the crimp tool, id just do it in pvc and be done.

Comment

Just did the same thing and my plumber buddy recommended PVC to the building then we tied into PEX for what that's worth.

Comment

Thanks guys. Appreciate the input.

Comment

I bought the expander for pex a for our bathroom remodels. It makes plumbing fun(almost)!

I thought pex wasn't rated for exposed sunlight is that still the case?

Comment

i can take you down a nightmare rabbithole at my house! built in 2009 got a bad lot of pex
              ive had several leaks including several under the slab! there's a class action suit against them that doesn't pay squat! theres a new pipe out now called uponor way better than pex!

Comment

Theres a black water pipe which i just ran 300+ feet of to a water trough and it worked great. It came in a 400ft sections for $130. so no splices mid span.

Here's a link to what i got.

Comment

Originally posted by GA Bowhunter View Post
                  Pex is all we use for waterlines underground.

Whatever you do, don't use Sharbites underground (or anywhere actually).

We used about a dozen to put standpipes by the water meters on new construction. They rotted in less than a year and we got call backs for geizers in the yard. After the second call back we dug them all up and replaced them. They corrode and blow off.

Apparently you can wrap them in silicone tape. No thanks.

You can order Pex from Supplyhouse.com and save money(or you could a couple years ago). Larger rolls too.
                  This is what I did when I did a couple bathroom projects at my house. Saved a lot of money on pipe and fittings, compared to local stores.

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                  What other connections are available besides shark bites? Need to connect pex to PVC
                  They do make plastic fittings, but not sure how much better that would be. I used some of my leftover pipe to run water to my chicken coup under ground, but the start and end connections are above ground.

I suppose you could drop a water valve box on top of it so its not direct ground contact.

J

Comment

If you go pex look into uponor . When I was researching into re plumbing my house it seemed to be the best choice .All the videos and stuff I read said joints and fittings were less likely to have a failure. Since mine will be ran in the attic that’s what I’m going with . Plus I get to buy another Milwaukee tool to swedge fit it .

Comment

PVC is the way to go

Comment

Originally posted by bearintex View Post
                        Is there a woman alive that knows how to properly wind a hose or extension cord up?
                        Nope.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                          What other connections are available besides shark bites? Need to connect pex to PVC
                          There are brass adapters that go from PEX to NPT threads. Use the SS crimp rings. If you have only a few to do and they are 1/2" and 3/4" a $20 Amazon crimp tool will probably meet your needs. If you have a bunch to do buy the Sharkbite crimping tool. Buy the crimp rings and fittings off ebay. MUCH cheaper than the big box store. For 1" stuff best to go with the copper rings. Tools for the copper rings are somewhat pricy.

Comment

If you are concerned you can run it inside some pvc that is not pressure rated.

Comment

Working...
                            X