Abiline Eats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abiline Eats

Going to be in Abilene for a couple days and was wondering if there are any must eat places. I hear the Perini Ranch used to be good but open to anything else as well. will mostly be dinner ideas.

Perini's is excellent. Copper Creek and Beehive in town are also good.

For BBQ: The Shed or Jay's BBQ for lunch. If you miss them for lunch, Sharon's is pretty good at night.

For Mexican: Miguel's is good and a bit different than most.
    For authentic, NOT fancy but really good Mexican food: Farolito's, Los Arcos, Armando's are all good.

Seafood: Galveston Seafood Company is really good. Krab Kingz is really good for crab and shrimp boil (definitely a hole in the wall place, but super good food)

For burgers and fries and such: Blue Sky is good. Larry's Better Burgers is a longtime local classic. Best burgers around

Fancier dining: Cypress Street Station is good. Copper Creek is kinda fancy as well.

Comment

Thank you Shane

Comment

We ate at Jay’s bbq on our way to Lubbock, would definitely recommend.

Comment

Shane's ideas ^^, I'll add,
          The Local, upscale Mexican with the best chips and queso in town
          Grain Theory, is a brewery with good food, the fish and chips and frites are really solid
          Mulligans
          Blu Barrell
          Silver Buffalo Saloon

For breakfast I like Mi Ranchito Sur.

Comment

Perinis and Beehive are very good

Comment

I 2nd Beehive, get the Escargot. It’s good.

Comment

Originally posted by jlp04c View Post
                Shane's ideas ^^, I'll add,
                The Local, upscale Mexican with the best chips and queso in town
                Grain Theory, is a brewery with good food, the fish and chips and frites are really solid
                Mulligans
                Blu Barrell
                Silver Buffalo Saloon

For breakfast I like Mi Ranchito Sur.
                ^ good ones as well. Could add Taylor County Taphouse to that list too.

Comment

Is Joe Allen's BBQ still open? I grew up in Abilene, but haven't been back there is almost 20 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Welding Teach View Post
                    Is Joe Allen's BBQ still open? I grew up in Abilene, but haven't been back there is almost 20 years.
                    Yep. The original building doesn't exist anymore. Joe is around the corner on S. 11th next door to where the old Cahoots restaurant was (it's a girly giftshop now). Still good steaks and BBQ.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                      Yep. The original building doesn't exist anymore. Joe is around the corner on S. 11th next door to where the old Cahoots restaurant was (it's a girly giftshop now). Still good steaks and BBQ.
                      Rarely do I go to Abilene and not eat at Hoe Allens. Been going since they first opened

Comment

I miss Harold's. Don't ever eat in Abilene these days but it was solid BBQ back in the day

Comment

Jays is great for BBQ
                          Beehive is good too
                          They also have some great places for breakfast burritos. The carne guisada burritos are on point!

Comment

Definitely Joe allens are Perini . If go to Perini get a reservation.

Comment

All of what Shane said.

And, get a carne guisada burrito from La Popular.

Comment

Working...
                              X