Spypoint Link Micro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SB09 View Post
    All of these issues I'm seeing usually come down to having old firmware.
    Mine was updated and was working at my house, connecting and sent a couple test pics. Took it to the lease and nothing. I’ll sell it to ya if you’re interested in another one.

Comment

Looking good on the app. Not sending no pictures

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I guess I was holding my mouth just right. 4 photos in the past hour and a weak signal.

Comment

I bought two, one was perfect, one wouldn’t send pictures. I took it back to Academy and exchanged it for a third one - it worked fine too. I tested it in the store. I put an extended antenna and a 12v gel cell with a solar panel on it. Both of them have worked great in the field for a little over a month.

I’d recommend testing them at home before you head out to put them in the field.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I ran a firmware update from website and it seems to help. I’m getting 7-10 photos a day and the images are clear. I think I just need a booster antenna because I know there is more activity. I may need to move it into a higher position as well. It set about 4ft off the ground.

Comment

I seriously wouldn't use a Spypoint if you gave it to me. I had the worst time trying to keep 4 of them running. Extremely frustrating!!

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunterhelm View Post
                I seriously wouldn't use a Spypoint if you gave it to me. I had the worst time trying to keep 4 of them running. Extremely frustrating!!

I agree. You get what you pay for

Comment

Which Spypoint VZN version or the other one. I have the VZN versions. Running 3 Spypoints and one of the Links you hook up to a regular camera. All working great. Never could get the nationwide ones (blue map) to ever work. Download the firmware from their site. Customer service is pretty good to.

Comment

Originally posted by texan4ut View Post
                    Which Spypoint VZN version or the other one. I have the VZN versions. Running 3 Spypoints and one of the Links you hook up to a regular camera. All working great. Never could get the nationwide ones (blue map) to ever work. Download the firmware from their site. Customer service is pretty good to.
                    I’m using the ATT version and it has apparently been remedied by the updated firmware. Taking lots of photos this week.

Comment

Im have the same trouble what it the best way to do the update?

Comment

Go to the website and download the update to the micro SD. If the camera is out, call CS and they can remotely update it. That is what I did.

Comment

I have one... It is junk. It has never worked. I called support, followed their instruction, downloaded update, went thru everything, didn't work. Have called them 2 more times and they aren't any help. I got my daughter to work on it, she couldn't figure it our either. I'm going to a different brand.....

Comment

Originally posted by Pope View Post
                            Go to the website and download the update to the micro SD. If the camera is out, call CS and they can remotely update it. That is what I did.
                            I've had mine out since last December and it hasn't sent a single picture from the lease. It worked fine at home before I took it out west. My cell phone picks up 2 bars at that location, but the camera won't pick anything up. They were supposed to send an update via remote, but I can't see how it would work if it won't pickup service.

I bought another antenna for it, stood out there and held it up in the air but it still didn't get a signal.

I brought one card home and will load the update in it. When I go back to the lease in a couple of weeks I'll take a 10 or 12 foot pole for the antenna and see what happens.

That being said, it did take over 4000 pics in the 10 months it's been out. Batteries went dead at some point to be determined.

Comment

Originally posted by Archery1st View Post
                              Make sure that you update the firmware on your Spypoint even if it is brand new. Anything before 1.11.06 is suspect. I have 4 of them and they all work great. The key is you need 40% cell signal to get the pictures sent to the app.

I've found facing the camera north provides the best pictures.
                              This!!!
                              And buy an extended antennae. Mine all work great in low signal areas.

Comment

Originally posted by Archery1st View Post
                                Make sure that you update the firmware on your Spypoint even if it is brand new. Anything before 1.11.06 is suspect. I have 4 of them and they all work great. The key is you need 40% cell signal to get the pictures sent to the app.

I've found facing the camera north provides the best pictures.
                                Mine shows 40% signal or two bars and still nothing. The last communication was 12-25-19 and I know their tech support sent an update or something, but it was after that date.

I'm getting a little frustrated with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X