• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad your okay, Danny.

Comment

Prayers sent.

Comment

If you are North of 45 go to a good cardiologist. Most of us will pay for what we did 20 years ago. All you can do is change now so you don’t pay in the future. I go at least once a year. All blood. First year I did 4 tests and a stress test. After that blood- He did put me on some supplements. Fish oil, some vitamins, etc. adjusted my eating habits. Cut the salt back- I imagine Danny will be adjusting from our conversation

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
          If you are North of 45 go to a good cardiologist. Most of us will pay for what we did 20 years ago. All you can do is change now so you don’t pay in the future. I go at least once a year. All blood. First year I did 4 tests and a stress test. After that blood- He did put me on some supplements. Fish oil, some vitamins, etc. adjusted my eating habits. Cut the salt back- I imagine Danny will be adjusting from our conversation

Did the exact same thing Glen... One of those, "if I only knew then what I know now"... deals

Comment

Glad you are doing better.

Comment

Danny has a nasty clot, but he blew it out with gunpowder!

Prayers DanielSon!

Comment

prayers sent

Comment

They call it the silent killer for a reason. Nope, I NEVER had a clue I had a 99% blockage. Not one clue. Then Sunday night came around and there were clues of on set heart attack but what do I know about that? It took about 2 hours to come on hard. Dull ache in my shoulder. Feeling like I had a jacked muscle in my shoulder. Then pain into the top arm... shortly pain 8n the chest and then shortly somethings bad wrong. Im having a heart attack.

Do over.... GO GET DYE SCANNED. Only way to find a blockage. High blood pressure don't mean you have a blockage. High LDL cholesterol is a hint but I only knew mine is after emergency room cardiac blood work.

Just go to the doctor and say, "Hey I know this guy that is pretty healthy. Scrappy, aint scared, but his heart gave out because he had a 99% blockage qnd never knew it. How do I keep that from killing me? The doctor will tell you. And if he don't want to dye test you.... find a doctor that will.

Glen the problem came in when all the nurses were dudes. But there was this one. He kinda liked me. LOL
                  Last edited by Wildman; 09-15-2020, 07:27 PM.

Comment

Prayers up

Comment

Bernadell THAT was funny!

Comment

Originally posted by Wildman View Post
                        Bernadell THAT was funny!
                        Yea it was!

Good time to laid up, I went to the flounder hole today and got skunked! Glad your better! Scary stuff!

Comment

Doug I was thinking about that place Sunday when the NE was 15 or 20 and we were trying to get to the jetty. Scary indeed my friend.

Comment

Glad your still with us Danny and also glad ya have a second chance to get it fixed!! Speedy recovery brother!

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                              I guess the Doc came in and kicking him out. Nursing staff must have complained enough about the dirty old man.
                              He was probably snoring too loud.

Back in 2015, I went to my heart doc just for a check up. My deductible had been met and I was due for a check up. I had absolutely no signs of any problem. I lasted maybe 2 minutes on the treadmill and next thing I know I'm on a gurney heading to the ER. I wound up with 2 stents in my heart. I go see my cardiologist on a regular basis now.

Comment

Wow Danny

Good lesson for us all, but sorry you had to be the messenger.

Good to see you're doing well. Let's keep it that way.

Comment

Working...
                                X