Your Favorite Pellets For Smoking Meat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your Favorite Pellets For Smoking Meat?

I ran out of pellets for my smoker & before I buy more, I'd like to hear your recommendation(s).
    I'd prefer a pellet that's the actual wood of the 'flavor' they're advertising. I've noticed a lot of them are just oak w/some sort of additive to make the hickory, pecan, mesquite, etc.
    So, what's your favorite?

Pecan, oak then hickory.

Regarding brands I have tried at least 4 and have not seen a difference.
    Last edited by dbaio1; 08-25-2019, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Peeps on here have previously recommended Lumberjack pellets. Atwoods there in 'hachie sells em. Picked up some yesterday to try. They have pecan,mesquite,hickory and a competition blend which has cherry wood in it. Good price too.

Comment

I recently tried a bag of the Traeger Signature, a blend of Hickory, Cherry and Maple.
        Only used it twice so far, first time was smoking fresh hatch peppers for freezing and the 2nd was a 4# beef roast.
        We were impressed with the flavor it added

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I like the Cabela’s competition blend

Comment

Lumberjack brand is the only brand I have found that doesn’t use filler wood. If it says hickory then it is made from 100% hickory fibers. Mesquite same. Pecan same. Etc... I believe their blends are made a little different but still use 100% wood fibers. It’s all I use. I’m about to smoke a spatchcock chicken with the supreme blend today. I caught it on sale so I thought I would give it a shot. Normally it’s 100% hickory for me. Good stuff!

Comment

I use RECTEC Ultimate Blend, very happy with them.

Comment

Texas Beef by Traeger. It’s a mix of pecan, oak, and mesquite

Comment

I like the B&B Hickory

Comment

Originally posted by Smokeater View Post
                    Peeps on here have previously recommended Lumberjack pellets. Atwoods there in 'hachie sells em. Picked up some yesterday to try. They have pecan,mesquite,hickory and a competition blend which has cherry wood in it. Good price too.
                    Quality, good price & local. I like this combo!

Comment

It’s still early days but I think I like the B&B Post Oak pellets best. Good smoke and the smell is great.

Comment

Originally posted by .17fireball View Post
                        Lumberjack brand is the only brand I have found that doesn’t use filler wood. If it says hickory then it is made from 100% hickory fibers. Mesquite same. Pecan same. Etc... I believe their blends are made a little different but still use 100% wood fibers. It’s all I use. I’m about to smoke a spatchcock chicken with the supreme blend today. I caught it on sale so I thought I would give it a shot. Normally it’s 100% hickory for me. Good stuff!
                        They aren’t the only ones with no fillers. I can promise you that
                        Originally posted by huntindude View Post
                        I like the B&B Hickory
                        Great choice

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
                        It’s still early days but I think I like the B&B Post Oak pellets best. Good smoke and the smell is great.

Another great choice

Comment

Originally posted by huntindude View Post
                          I like the B&B Hickory

Great choice
                          Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post

Another great choice

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post

Great choice

Another great choice
                            Can you list any others that are 100% ?
                            I’ve been looking to branch out a bit and try some others.

Comment

Can you list any others that are 100% ?

I’ve been looking to branch out a bit and try some others.

One thing I like about the B&B stuff is although they use filler wood, the filler wood is oak. Most of the others (pit boss, Traeger etc...) use Alder as the filler

Comment

Working...
                              X