X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For shooting I like the custom molded sound guards

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Peltor sound actuated ear muff style is what most dedicated handgun shooters use. I was the NRA STX Field Rep for over 10 years and saw Peltors on more shooters than any other brand.

Disclaimer: That was 1992 thru 2003 so my experience is not very current. BUT the Peltors I bought back in about 1995 are still going strong. You can hear normal sounds and loud noises are blocked in a millisecond.

Comment

Originally posted by Tejas Wildlife View Post
        Peltor sound actuated ear muff style is what most dedicated handgun shooters use. I was the NRA STX Field Rep for over 10 years and saw Peltors on more shooters than any other brand.

Disclaimer: That was 1992 thru 2003 so my experience is not very current. BUT the Peltors I bought back in about 1995 are still going strong. You can hear normal sounds and loud noises are blocked in a millisecond.
        This kinda what Im looking for. Hearing enhancement and hearing protection in one neat package

Comment

Huh? You say something?
          As a vietnam vet I have lost a large % of my hearing due to a number of factors. On the way over the FTW veterans center this am for a hearing test at 10am.
          Best thing is to wear ear plugs and ear muffs. Double the protection if you can.
          Don't help that much shooting a maw duece. Nothing does.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
            This kinda what Im looking for. Hearing enhancement and hearing protection in one neat package
            Peltor makes a few crappy models but the RangeGuard and their upper end models are good.

Comment

I have in ear custom molded with the talking port option. When at range I use cheap foam ones buried in the ear and ear muffs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
                MSA Sordin electronic earpro are among the best, they ain't cheap though, they run $200-300

Peltor RangeGuards are nice too, I think they are around $60, the same price as the Howard Leights but waaaaay better. If you have a big melon head like me the Howard Leights dont seal worth a crap.

When shooting unmanned or around other shooters I double up with foam earplugs and my Sordins, when shooting by myself with a can I usually just use my Sordins

When I'm hunting with a rifle I have a pair of those corded rubbery ear plugs around my neck at all times or if I'm in a blind I'll have my Sordins with me so I can throw them on before shooting. You almost always have time to put ear plugs in before shooting
                This—pay attention folks

Comment

I can fit a finger in the gap between the HL and my ear...these are useless and will NOT seal on my big ol head. Sound quality is the worst on these as well. I dont know why they are so dang common other than being cheap.

The RangeGuards are the best for the money IMO. They seal up awesome, sound pretty good and have a nice low profile for shooting rifles.

The Sordins are just the t*ts... comparing them all right now the earcups on the Peltors ear cups are a little bigger so if you have big ears that might make a difference. The sound quality on the Sordins is amazing, when you put them on it feels like you hear everything like a dog would. Also, they don't just cut off when sound reaches their dB threshold like cheaper ones do, they actually compress the sound down to a safe level (or so I have read, I ain't no soundologist)

I've owned probably a half dozen other pair of earpro and they've all been kinda crappy except for the Peltors and the Sordins. I could have easily just bought two pair of Sordins for what I spent on crappier ones

And yes, I just realized I had the Sordins in backwards...
                  Attached Files

Comment

Not a complete solution but consider a suppressor as part of the solution, if you can stand the wait. Been waiting on mine for approval since March .............. compliments to Washington DC

Comment

If I’m hunting with a rifle without a brake I don’t wear hearing protection.

Rifle with a brake I wear my Walkers game ear.

At the Range walker with ear plugs.

Dove hunting ear plugs or walkers but never without anymore.

Duck hunting nothing.

Comment

Working in Aviation Maintenance for 45 years, I have lost hearing. Back in the days "It Was Not Cool" It's cool now.

I have Hearing aids that I love issued from the VA. I wear Hearing Protection now.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                          If I’m hunting with a rifle without a brake I don’t wear hearing protection.

Rifle with a brake I wear my Walkers game ear.

At the Range walker with ear plugs.

Dove hunting ear plugs or walkers but never without anymore.

Duck hunting nothing.

Tell, me about the Walkers Game ear

Comment

Basically ear muffs that enhance hearing but muffle noises over a certain DB.

Comment

Looked at Walkergame ear, like the buds, kinda what Im looking for. Something to enhance my hearing and muffle loud noises too.

Comment

Those electronic plugs look slick!!

Comment

Working...
                                X