Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

soooooooooooo sweet !!! Nice !

Comment

for anyone that hunts in the open air cold weather this is now a must have. it will literally keep me warm head to toe. the heat radiates through your entire body.

another hack for cold feet... may look a little goofy/girly but a single pair of wool socks and a pair of these and your feet dont get cold at all. https://www.amazon.com/Plymouth-Mocs...a-567023552586

Comment

Any more info on making the battery pack would be appreciated. I have looked at some stuff online, but not sure on the best way to go about it..What you used, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by fluffer View Post
          Any more info on making the battery pack would be appreciated. I have looked at some stuff online, but not sure on the best way to go about it..What you used, etc.
          i used 18650 lithium cells spot welded together. most people dont have a battery spot welder sitting around so dont worry about making your own. you can use any 12v ish battery.

laptop battery, power tool battery, rc car battery, feeder battery etc. https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-...pack-xt60.html

Comment

With season approaching figured i would bump this as it was my favorite piece of gear last year.

Comment

It's 100 degrees out there now. Does that thing have an AC mode?

Comment

Shut the front door!!!! That’s a great idea!!!! Thanks for sharing!!!!

“There's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.” -Fred Bear-

Comment

Being another that is not too electrical savvy, could you take one of those 12v car seat heater covers, cut off the cigarette lighter plugs, use a 12v rechargeable feeder battery with a feeder battery solar panel hooked to it, attach the wires from the seat heater, and it would work?

Comment

Originally posted by Russ79 View Post
                    Being another that is not too electrical savvy, could you take one of those 12v car seat heater covers, cut off the cigarette lighter plugs, use a 12v rechargeable feeder battery with a feeder battery solar panel hooked to it, attach the wires from the seat heater, and it would work?
                    Yes it would certainly work. Just be sure the solar panel has a built in charge controller or install one into the set up. The controller will prevent the battery from going bad via over charging...

Comment

How
                      Long you think batter will last.

“There's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.” -Fred Bear-

Comment

Originally posted by Buckwheat View Post
                        How
                        Long you think batter will last.

Run time will depend on a few things: the amount of power/amps the heater runs on and the storage capacity + the wattage out put of the solar panel... If you got a big enough solar panel you could possibly run it any time you are getting sunlight...

Comment

Working...
                        X