Blind build-siding ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blind build-siding ideas?

I’m building another bow blind, but can’t decide what to use for siding. I’ve used Smart siding on the last couple I built, and really liked it, but it’s heavy, and isn’t cheap. I’m not interested in corrugated metal, due to the noise factor, and really don’t want the cheap OSB that has to be repainted every year or two. I’d really like to find a good, lightweight sheet that’s maybe 1/4” to 3/8” thick but will last. Any ideas? TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Run 3/8” plywood with lots of paint but prefer my hardy smart wood blind. Buy once cry once, lol!

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
      Run 3/8” plywood with lots of paint but prefer my hardy smart wood blind. Buy once cry once, lol!

I love the Smart siding, but it seems pretty heavy. I might end up going that route again, just hoping to find something lighter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Stucco board?

Comment

Aluminum sheet and then camo wrap it

Comment

Plywood and paint
            I repaint every couple of years and my blinds last many years.
            “Oops” paint is cheap and rolls on quickly. I paint the pieces before I
            Screw them together so the edges all get sealed.

Comment

Last year I ran across a guy selling a couple pallets of used FRP panels - 1/16" thick & 4'x6' for $10/sheet. He was in Floresville.
              Wafer-head Tek screws hold it in place and that stuff is extremely light. Can be painted too.
              The panels are the same stuff you see in some public restrooms that get put on the walls. If you can find some used, it's pretty neat stuff. The panels I got were smooth, Home Depot and other places like that can get it new: FRP 4x8 sheet

Comment

I wish there was something cheap and light, but I have not found it!!

Comment

Coroplast with out a doubt. Not going to save a lot of money over plywood, but a fraction of the weight, and you cut it with a knife. I built a bow blind with it 3 years ago and it is still in same shape it was day 1.

I’m rehabbing another blind now with Coroplast. You can get it in 4x8 sheets at Home Depot or Lowe’s.

Comment

FRP panels. Worth the money.

Comment

Working...
                    X