A simple question:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Man View Post
    Well when you think about it there is a whole generations here in the U.S. who have not experienced disease, famine, lack of water, lack of mobility, never been attacked, etc etc.

Not being able to afford a $7 Latte every morning because you don't make $15/Hr....is not the struggle, buts it all they can complain about becouse its all they have experienced.

As I have always said...unfortunately it will take another major disaster the size of 9/11 to wake these folks up.
    Yup

Comment

Well when you think about it there is a whole generations here in the U.S. who have not experienced disease, famine, lack of water, lack of mobility, never been attacked, etc etc.
      Not being able to afford a $7 Latte every morning because you don't make $15/Hr....is not the struggle, buts it all they can complain about becouse its all they have experienced.

As I have always said...unfortunately it will take another major disaster the size of 9/11 to wake these folks up.
      You make a good point about real disaster like famine, lack of water, etc. Was explaining to my wife the other day that while we might not like all the processed stuff out there, theres a reason why it exists... people now just take availability for granted.

Comment

Yeah, but you've ever really needed that latte, and didn't have that $7 , you don't know what real struggle is

Comment

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post
          Yeah, but you've ever really needed that latte, and didn't have that $7 , you don't know what real struggle is

Comment

Originally posted by planomustang View Post
            Two years ago a group of Dutch researchers asked 26,492 people in 24 countries a simple question: over the past 20 years, has the proportion of the world population that lives in extreme poverty

1) Increased by 50 per cent?

2) Increased by 25 per cent?

3) Stayed the same?

4) Decreased by 25 per cent?

5) Decreased by 50 per cent?

Only 1 per cent got the answer right, which was that it had decreased by 50 per cent. The United Nations’ Millennium Development goal of halving global poverty by 2015 was met five years early.
            United Nations? This cant be worth the screen it was read from......lol!

I don't wish that on any of us or anybody!!! We got the Patriot Act from the ruins of that horrific incident. I cant even imagine what you and I would have to face if something even close to that happens again. Many of good men/women have been fighting non-stop wars since that infamous day in our history...…...just not good!

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post

I don't wish that on any of us or anybody!!! We got the Patriot Act from the ruins of that horrific incident. I cant even imagine what you and I would have to face if something even close to that happens again. Many of good men/women have been fighting non-stop wars since that infamous day in our history...…...just not good!
              I don't want it to happen, nor do i wish it upon anyone. I believe something of that stature will happen again, and when it does it will wake this new coddled generation up.

Comment

I don't want it to happen, nor do i wish it upon anyone. I believe something of that stature will happen again, and when it does it will wake this new coddled generation up.
                ……….or usher in a even more coddled group.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                  ……….or usher in a even more coddled group.
                  Is that even possible?

Comment

Another interesting read related to prosperity (or lack thereof) around the world....

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                      Another interesting read related to prosperity (or lack thereof) around the world....

https://fee.org/articles/most-of-eur...CZcoVRbdhqw180
                      Good article.

Comment

Working...
                      X