Axis Deer Range in Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
    I had a huge axis buck standing across my fence at about 75 yards this morning when I let the dogs out. I've seen him a couple of times, but this is the closest I've been to him. He's at least 34" and HEAVY.
    LOL...One of my best spots for Axis is in Kerrville.
    Are your neighbors cool? Pew Pew! That Guadalupe is a highway for them.
    We see Axis often in Harper and even shot a few on my property. No trophies, but free and free-range.

Comment

They are always on 277 just north of the Goodyear plant out side of Angelo . I see them in peoples yards at Brady Lake . And have seen them around Zephyr Mullins area as well .

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
        LOL...One of my best spots for Axis is in Kerrville.
        Are your neighbors cool? Pew Pew! That Guadalupe is a highway for them.
        We see Axis often in Harper and even shot a few on my property. No trophies, but free and free-range.
        Unfortunately, he's my landlord and he's not cool with it. He keeps telling me he's going to lease it for hunting, but I haven't heard anything else about it. About 50 of them come by every evening. There's another big buck in velvet that hangs around as well.

Comment

Our place on the Sabinal near Utopia is covered up with them. I seldom see whitetail anymore but I'm good with that

Comment

Originally posted by chunkinlead View Post
            i know where some are in mills co.

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk
            sssshhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Comment

Been hunting the same tract of land in Schleicher county for 25 years and never seen an axis or even had one on camera.......until last fall. Had a buck on camera one day when we were not out there hunting in early October. Then I saw and shot an axis doe in November. Pulled cards the other day while out there turkey hunting and had 5 bucks at the feeder one day in early April (one was pushing 30"). Dont know where they came from or where they are hanging out, but they have shown up....

Comment

I've seen them north of Brownwood on 183

Comment

Originally posted by Tx_Wader View Post
                  Our place on the Sabinal near Utopia is covered up with them. I seldom see whitetail anymore but I'm good with that
                  Are you north of Utopia? I’m south, just don’t see many on our place.

Comment

Working...
                  X