oil in water well

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oil in water well

After about five minutes my water well will begin pumping oil with the water. There's a decent amount of oil in this area of Rocksprings. The previous owner was hoping for a Jed Clampett situation but learned it's just surface oil. Anyway, a neighbor suggested I get a timer that will pump the water for a few minutes then stop for awhile before it starts pumping again. I've spoken to a well known local water well guy who doesn't know of any timers that will do this. He did say the oil is so thick he's worried the oil could break the pump. I've got a 2,500 black water storage tank that the water could go into with the exit pipe at the bottom. Since oil floats on the top of water could I just keep the 2,500 gallon tank full? I don't need to drink this water. It will only be used to wash hands, flush the toilet & be used to fill IBC water totes for animals. Anyone know if a timer like this exists? If there is any suggestions on how long of a break between water is pumped? Also, is this even possible?

Let me tell you about a man named Jed who barely kept his family fed.

Comment

There is a timer you can put in the control box to turn on after so many minutes, but it only turns off when the motor begins drawing to many amps, meaning it's not pumping water. I bet a sprinkler instillation company could help you.

Comment

How deep is the well? How much oil are we talking about? Maybe you could pump the oil off the top.

Comment

What part of Rocksprings? I'm in RS and have great water!

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
            How deep is the well? How much oil are we talking about? Maybe you could pump the oil off the top.
            Unfortunately I don't know the answer to either of your questions but I do know there is enough oil that a previous owner was taking a shower then all of a sudden oil started coming out of the shower head.

Comment

Any fracking in your area?

Comment

Originally posted by PROD49 View Post
                What part of Rocksprings? I'm in RS and have great water!

You've got the pool at your place, right?
                I'm 11 miles down CR450 off Hwy 377.

Comment

Originally posted by kmitchl View Post
                  I'm not sure but I do know some people in the area are trying to sell their oil.

Comment

Yes sir. That's mine.

Comment

I’m off 55. Well is 590’. Best water ever

Comment

Originally posted by kmitchl View Post
                        Any frac work would be WAY deeper than the water table.

OP. Sounds like a good time to get into the oil business lol.

Comment

I hope you got mineral rights to it lol

Comment

Never seen that , have seen natural gas catch on fire out of water faucet and hose bibs

Comment

Don’t over think it just get a manual timer and pull the pins for when you want it on and off. Then pull the water off bottom when needed until you have a load to sell https://www.1000bulbs.com/product/34...BoCt0AQAvD_BwE

Comment

Working...
                              X