Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you know you are addicted to your Tractor's Shuttle Shift?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You use the tractor for two days, then get in your truck.

When shifting from Reverse to Forward, you turn on your Right Blinker.

Spent two days pulling trees and running a 15' batwing mower, behind a 165 hp tractor, with shuttle shift and 16 gears. Lots of forward/reverse and reverse/forward shifting. Never used the clutch, just shuttle between F/R, and let the tractor do the thinking.

After that, I tried to shift my truck, from R to D, using my right blinker.

Lol

Comment

Lol!

Comment

Well,,, I bet you felt purdy dang silly.

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Yep, I've done the same thing in my truck after using mine for a while.....but its Hydrostatic and apparently pushing down on the truck accelerator doesn't put the truck in reverse, lol.

Comment

My shuttle is on the left side, near the hip. I’ve caught myself grabbing the door handle in the truck to shift into reverse.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

My truck has a manual transmission. But after driving my wifes auto transmission truck all day when I pull into the neighbor hood I find myself trying to push in the clutch that is not there. She just laughs at me.

Comment

When I first started running a motor grader, I caught myself reaching for the wheel lean (that wasn’t there) too many times on the way home. Non-operators probably won’t understand, but those old motor graders were impossible to turn in a very short radius without leaning the front wheels. Muscle memory is REAL !

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                  Yep, I've done the same thing in my truck after using mine for a while.....but its Hydrostatic and apparently pushing down on the truck accelerator doesn't put the truck in reverse, lol.
                  Yep. I’m the same way. Almost took out by back gate that way. Haha

Comment

A long time ago when I worked in warehousing and was on a forklift all day, I would do the same thing. Fairly frequently! Lol

Comment

Im guilty as to doing the same.

Comment

Good stuff- thanks for the laugh!

Comment

My company truck is a dodge with the turn Knob for the transmission. When I drive my personal I’m always turning up the a/c trying to put it in drive.

Comment

I only laugh because I completely identify with this!

Comment

Originally posted by Smithwr View Post
                              My company truck is a dodge with the turn Knob for the transmission. When I drive my personal I’m always turning up the a/c trying to put it in drive.
                              I've heard of people trashing their transmissions trying to turn up the radio. In the early Dodges

Comment

Working...
                              X