Cancelling flights should be illegal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cancelling flights should be illegal.

I’ve been trying to return to normal life, back traveling for work and pleasure and it just sticks in my craw that airlines can sell you a ticket, you make plans in good faith based on that purchase, and when they realize the flight isn’t full enough for them to make money on it, they cancel at the last minute and the passenger is screwed. I can’t think of anything else that operates like that. You purchase something from me, then I decide at the last min if I want to actually give it to you after I figure out my margin? Hate to rant, and I know the airlines have been gut punched but dang, I’ve seen people crying in the airport because of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It probably has to do with not being able to get fuel. Delta is struggling with Atlanta - Welcome to the consequences of the 2020 election. Yall should also prepare for electrical blackouts without the freeze- its coming.

Comment

Isn't this what your voted for?

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
        Isn't this what your voted for?
        Didnt someone very heralded on the Left say elections have consequences? Well buckle up because they are coming and they are going to come hard and fast.

Comment

This has been going on for months. Has nothing to do with fuel. I’ve heard pilots say that some are cancelled because not enough crew, some say they’re cancelled because not enough passengers. Either way, they’re practically begging folks to start flying again, but dang sure not making it easy. If had my June flight to Greece changed/cancelled twice in the last week.

Comment

Crying over canceled flights? I bet they had a support dog to ease the pain.

Comment

Just because a flight isn't sufficiently full doesn't mean automatic cancellation. I've flown on several flights where the crew outnumbered the pax.

flight cancellations come with the territory. Sorry for your inconvenience. Having a Plan B and or flight insurance helps out. I had a flight cancelled, went to the next terminal and booked first class, all eventually covered by flight insurance. YMMV. It does help to have 2 million miles seniority.

As for discovering why the flight was actually cancelled, honey always wins over vinegar, especially at the club.

Comment

I've flown on dang near empty flights.
                Just me and a handful of passengers with a full crew.

They only cancel if they don't need the equipment at your destination.

But wait......I thought we didn't like pipelines?

Comment

I’ve been flying all year. Haven’t had that problem, with the exception of the big freeze event.

Comment

I've never had a cancelled flight, but the changing flight fees are effing insane. Daughter had to come back early from a vacation to take a test. Charged us $400 to change her return flight. Not to mention a $160. fee for an unaccompanied minor (She's 14).

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                      I've never had a cancelled flight, but the changing flight fees are effing insane. Daughter had to come back early from a vacation to take a test. Charged us $400 to change her return flight. Not to mention a $160. fee for an unaccompanied minor (She's 14).
                      Think about the poor people who can’t afford to go on vacation. That’s just selfish.

Comment

Originally posted by alien_scones View Post
                        Just because a flight isn't sufficiently full doesn't mean automatic cancellation. I've flown on several flights where the crew outnumbered the pax.

flight cancellations come with the territory. Sorry for your inconvenience. Having a Plan B and or flight insurance helps out. I had a flight cancelled, went to the next terminal and booked first class, all eventually covered by flight insurance. YMMV. It does help to have 2 million miles seniority.

As for discovering why the flight was actually cancelled, honey always wins over vinegar, especially at the club.

Man you guys are having better luck than I am. For work flights, we don’t insure them but the money is refunded or something through travel dept. so I reschedule meetings and it’s just an inconvenience. But my personal flights...sucks to reschedule something that you’ve been looking forward to. I’m heading to New Orleans this weekend and won’t be able to relax until I’m wheels up.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                          Think about the poor people who can’t afford to go on vacation. That’s just selfish.
                          Lol

Comment

I've flown a couple of times this year and I have 2 more flights in the next 3 weeks. I'm having quite the opposite outcome. All these **** airlines preaching Covid safety protocols yet all the flights have people packed in like sardines! I've had to pay for the upgraded seats at times just to assure I can get a seat on a flight and these aren't to any major metropolitan areas. I have a full flight next week to Louisville of all places, that was full 3 months ago!

Comment

Quite a few of our SCI guys have had flights cancelled or altered for hunting trips also. Heck, I am now even scheduled to fly Qatar Airlines to Lukasa next month as the usual routes are no longer available that I have used. Nothing to do at all with fuel.
                              Rob, I can relate to flight changes for work also.......at least the companies travel agency had to figure it out. It is more painful on personal flights as it is a long deserved and long overdue getaway. We are headed to a medical school graduation in Atlanta tomorrow and so far so good. E

Comment

Working...
                              X