Red dot for a shotgun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red dot for a shotgun

Wanting to add a red dot to the shotgun for hunting purposes.

Looking for options..What red dot do yall recommend for a shotgun.

I have a Burris fast fire on my turkey gun....3 years without ANY issues

Comment

I’m like clay and have a Burris fast fire on my turkey gun. May not be the red dot style you are looking for but has really helped me this year. I wish I would have done it earlier

Comment

The Burris fast fire is a great red dot. I wouldn’t hesitate to use it, been thinking of moving it off an AR to my turkey gun. Right now I just use a bushnell trs 25 for the last 3 years and it’s been great, haven’t had to mess with it once and clear enough I was able to put a bird down at 60+ this year.

Comment

a red dot for a shotgun???? come on!!!!
          "just say no"

Comment

Check out a green dot. Faster target acquisition in bright sunlight vs red dot and helps if you have astigmatism. Swampfox kingslayer and holosun he510 are good choices. The Holosun will run for ever with the solar backup and has the shake awake feature. Both have the automatic power down for interval of your choosing

Comment

If you can't hit it with a shotgun, whatever deserves to walk, lol.

Comment

I could see adding it for turkey/deer hunting, but in general a shotgun you point and shoot...a rifle you aim and shoot.

Regardless to answer your question:
                -Vortex Optic Venom
                -Leupold DeltaPoint Pro

Comment

I think they are useful on a hunting shotgun but past experiences show me why I rather a bead for Combat or Home defense.

Any options for hunting purposes

Comment

Trijicon Reflex 6.5 MOA. I will be putting one on a KS-12 as soon as my wife isn't paying attention.... I mean allows me to purchase. 20 round drum of course.

Comment

Originally posted by dgilbert View Post
                      If you can't hit it with a shotgun, whatever deserves to walk, lol.
                      I used to share your sentiment. After 2 turkey misses a while back I patterned my gun and found my gun's point of aim using the factory bead and the point of impact were substantially off. The bulk of my pattern shot high and right even with a factory full choke. I never thought it was necessary to pattern my gun. I was shocked it was so far off using the factory bead.

Comment

i bought a vortex venom with the 3moa dot absolutely love it yotes turkey and even mow down some clay birds

Comment

Are putting sights on a shotgun the new craze?

I’m seeing them all over, but don’t understand it.

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed323 View Post

Me either, which hole do you zero the sight to?

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed323 View Post

I used to share your sentiment. After 2 turkey misses a while back I patterned my gun and found my gun's point of aim using the factory bead and the point of impact were substantially off. The bulk of my pattern shot high and right even with a factory full choke. I never thought it was necessary to pattern my gun. I was shocked it was so far off using the factory bead.

Comment

Working...
                              X