Beard to Texas!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
    Lol don't waste your breath. Majority of these "Longhorns" probably never even stepped foot on UT campus.
    You have Ag in your name. You sound like a full on Aggy. Lol.

So every citizen of Lubbock has a degree from Tech?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bdunn View Post
      Same conference.

Over the past 4 years looking at the big three sports...

Baseball - Tech has 151 wins, ut has 122
      Basketball - Tech has 94 wins, ut has 78
      Football - Tech has 19 wins, ut has 32.

Now if football was weighted at even 2x the weight since we do live in Texas, and football does reign supreme, Tech is still 283 -264.

I think a case could be made that Tech is superior to ut based on recent past accomplishments. Now that ut has bought Tech's basketball coach, we'll see if that improves for the little school in austin.

Tech’s baseball program has been lights out, no doubt. Tadlock is the envy of many programs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
        You have Ag in your name. You sound like a full on Aggy. Lol.

So every citizen of Lubbock has a degree from Tech?

Lol I think we can all agree calling anyone an Aggie is below the belt, sir.

Comment

Same conference.

Now if football was weighted at even 2x the weight since we do live in Texas, and football does reign supreme, Tech is still 283 -264.

I think a case could be made that Tech is superior to ut based on recent past accomplishments. Now that ut has bought Tech's basketball coach, we'll see if that improves for the little school in austin.
          No doubt Tech has been better at baseball and basketball recently.

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
            Lol I think we can all agree calling anyone an Aggie is below the belt, sir.
            My bad. Lol. Sorry.

Comment

Same conference.

Gotta love a small sample cherry pick[emoji23]

Comment

I get the draw of coaching at your alma mater but I thought he would have a little more loyalty to Tech. He was an assistant at both UT and Tech. When ut had an opening in 2015, they didn't even look in Beard's direction - as I understand it. Whereas when Tech had their opening in 2016, they went after Beard.

Hate UT poaching coach from any other conference team, especially mine.

I think he'll end up regretting his decision when that arrogant bunch of wealthy ut alumni undermine his success like those before him. Between their meddling and their coddling of scholarship athletes, Beard will be hard pressed to put a team on the floor that will fully buy in to what has made him successful in past.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                  Tech’s baseball program has been lights out, no doubt. Tadlock is the envy of many programs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Tadlock just became the most notable man in lubbock, sure his winning ways has a lot to do with it, but moreso because he told UT no 😂

Comment

Originally posted by ttechdallas View Post
                    I get the draw of coaching at your alma mater but I thought he would have a little more loyalty to Tech. He was an assistant at both UT and Tech. When ut had an opening in 2015, they didn't even look in Beard's direction - as I understand it. Whereas when Tech had their opening in 2016, they went after Beard.

Hate UT poaching coach from any other conference team, especially mine.

I think he'll end up regretting his decision when that arrogant bunch of wealthy ut alumni undermine his success like those before him. Between their meddling and their coddling of scholarship athletes, Beard will be hard pressed to put a team on the floor that will fully buy in to what has made him successful in past.
                    It's the draw of coaching at a national brand that is much more attractive to 4 and 5 star talent. It also happens to be his Alma mater.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                      Tadlock just became the most notable man in lubbock, sure his winning ways has a lot to do with it, but moreso because he told UT no [emoji23]
                      He did?

If so what a dumbass. Lol.

Comment

Bad for Tech no help for UT. It’s not their lack of coaching keeping them from doing well

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                          Bad for Tech no help for UT. It’s not their lack of coaching keeping them from doing well

Do tell Bobby.... do tell...

Comment

Beard to Texas!

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                            Tadlock just became the most notable man in lubbock, sure his winning ways has a lot to do with it, but moreso because he told UT no [emoji23]

I don’t recall that conversation having an offer, there was flirtation by both parties.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                              It's the draw of coaching at a national brand that is much more attractive to 4 and 5 star talent. It also happens to be his Alma mater.

I know it is his alma mater. I said exactly that.

You mean all that 4 and 5 star talent that goes there to under achieve?

Good for Beard though, especially if he got a long term contract. He'll still get his money after the meddlesome alumni become impatient yet again and orchestrate him out of.....his alma mater.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                                Do tell Bobby.... do tell...
                                Personal opinion only. The culture change is hurting some schools that one included. Too much power to students or athletes and not enough respect given to coaches

Not specific to basketball

Comment

Working...
                                X