New bow site from Academy suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New bow site from Academy suggestions

I have an Academy GC and I am thinking about using it on a new sight. Can anyone reccomend any of these?

How much is the gift card?

Comment

I have only used CBE before. I had an engage and I couldn't get used to the sight picture. I will note, the thing seemed to be extremely well made!

HHA seems to have a pretty loyal following though. I see a lot of people running the Optimizer Lite Ultra.

Comment

$200 but I don't mind throwing in some cash. Not worried about the price.

Comment

Those CBE’s aren’t current. Look at the pins and what’s holding them. One little stick thru that housing and “she broke!”

They’ve changed that to look like the HHA pins you see. (And most everyone else)

Comment

Look and see if they offer the trophy ridge hotwire on academy online. I absolutely love mine. Its two fixed pins with a adjustable 3rd pin. They run about $120 to $130

Comment

Trophy Ridge fan here 2

Comment

I've been using HHA Optimizer Lite 5019 for about 10 years, on 2 different bows, and couldn't be happier.

Comment

I've been really happy with my HHA optimizer ultra. It definitely gets my vote.

Comment

HHA is a great site I've had a couple and not a single issue..but they are heavy. 10 years ago picked up a Truglo Range Rover and that is the site I still use today.

Comment

Sell that gift card and let Fishndude hook up up. You'll be happier in the long run!

Couple considerations.....2" site housing and adjustable dovetails

Comment

Traildust, what do you mean?

Comment

Originally posted by TXbowman View Post
                          Traildust, what do you mean?
                          A Pro Shop ( Fishndude ) is gonna have a ton more brands and options.....and prolly better prices

Are you wanting a slider or fixed pin?

Comment

I really don't know. I've used a cheap fixed pin for years. I am hoping to get more accuracy, especially at longer range, out of a better quality sight. I'm kind of interested in a single pin.
                            Last edited by TXbowman; 03-29-2021, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X