Building up a 2018 F150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Building up a 2018 F150

After 14 years, and over 200k miles from my 2007 model, I finally made the decision to buy a new (to me) truck. I had some specific options in mind, so my search was a bit challenging. In the end, I found this beauty:

2018 F150 Supercrew FX4
    • 3.5 V6 Ecoboost - 55k miles
    • Max tow package
    • 6.5' Bed
    • Upgraded interior - nav, heated seats, center console

See the walk through video:
    https://youtu.be/Ly91OGMlNF4

I've got lots of plans to make this truck my own - I just can't leave well enough alone, and I thought it would be fun to share the updates with y'all as I go!

I'm taking the opportunity as well to add some content to my YouTube channel - The Goode Life Outdoors - so I will be documenting my build in video and photos.

I'll be posting updates as I go (I've already filmed 2 more add-ons), and have made a playlist for the truck on my YouTube channel. I hope you'll follow along!
    Last edited by goofiefoot; 01-27-2021, 01:36 PM.

Good looking ride! Hope you have fun with it!

Comment

I went with the Husky Liners Weatherbeaters for the front and rear. I have to assume the previous owner had something similar before he sold and removed them because the carpet floor mats were flawless, despite the obvious use of the truck. These are well-put-together and have the same warranty as Weathertech for a bit less $$$.

I also upgraded the headlights, fogs, and reverse lights with LEDs for better nighttime visibility. The headlights aren't as good as projectors, but the new bulbs make a huge difference over stock.

Here are the ones I used:
      Headlights
      Fog lights
      Reverse lights

Comment

Sharp lookin rig

Comment

Have fun!

Comment

Congrats thanks for the bulb information. I'm going to order these for mine . Factory non led lights suck in these trucks

Comment

I like it!

Comment

I purchased the plates and cleats for the Boxlink mounts, and got those installed. It was a stupid-easy install, probably would have taken 5 minutes if I wasn't filming it.

See the video of the install:
                --> https://youtu.be/ZJOEmFrZwGo <--

I have some further plans for these to make them a more useful mounting system, and that will come at a later time. I'd love to see how any of y'all may be utilizing them.

Comment

Originally posted by texaslammer View Post
                  Congrats thanks for the bulb information. I'm going to order these for mine . Factory non led lights suck in these trucks
                  They do make a difference. I imagine if you paid the $800+ for the projector style headlights, it would be a larger difference, but I'm happy with the results for under $100.

Comment

Here's the link to Boxlink system I installed:

Boxlink Tie Down Plates and Cleats

Comment

beautiful truck !

Comment

Congrats on your new ride. It always makes you appreciate one more when you keep vehicles like your previous on mentioned.

Comment

I travel to hunt and fish fairly often, so a solid, secure tonneau cover is a must. I liked the Bakflip hard folding cover on my 2007, and in looking for something for the new truck, I came across Gator Bed Covers. I was impressed with their sales team, and the FX model was slightly less expensive than the comparable Bakflip model. Plus, the FX was in stock, so I put in the order!

One of the features I like most is the ability to fold the cover completely up to allow full access to the bed. Not many manufacturers do this, so I was pleased to get that functionality from the Gator. It also has the clips to secure it in place folded to the last section so you can drive with it mostly open and still see out the back.

So far, I'm liking it. It's at least as nice of quality as the Bakflip, if not better. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if they were manufactured in the same factory.

The install was pretty straightforward. You may want a hand maneuvering the cover onto the rails, but it wasn't too bad.

Check out the video below:
                          --> https://youtu.be/HmlJ1ix4mrE <--

Here's the link to the cover itself:
                          Gator FX Tonneau Cover

I'm experimenting with my next mod, and it's a messy task, so stay tuned!

Comment

It's been a messy week. New video should be posting soon with details.

Comment

I put the LEER cover on mine. Operates the same way, PLUS you can easily unclip it to take it totally off when needed. one think you will notice, if up and window is blocked, there will be a whistling sound that may get your attention

Thanks for the link to the box tie downs. They were delivered in 2 days and clip/screw right in place.

Comment

Working...
                              X