Homeless TBH'er?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homeless TBH'er?

Yesterday on the way home, I drove through an intersection here in Dallas. On the way through, a homeless guy on the corner turned around and as I went by I saw he was wearing a TBH Bownanza shirt. Due to traffic and such, I did not get a pic or ask him about it. If he is there again today, hopefully I can speak with him. I hope someone just gave him the shirt and not one of us that has fallen on bad times.

Well I’m kinda homeless. Sold house and land and living in an Air BnB on Lake LBJ. We are kicked out in March and have not one clue what we are doing in the future.

If the person is homeless they are making that choice to stand on the corner and not better themselves. Jobs are posted everywhere. Almost every homeless person I’ve dealt with have made a choice to be homeless.

Comment

Hopefully you can see Him again and be able to speak to him.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post

If the person is homeless they are making that choice to stand on the corner and not better themselves. Jobs are posted everywhere. Almost every homeless person I’ve dealt with have made a choice to be homeless.
        Judge much? Sure there are many that put themselves there with bad decisions but there are also many affected by mental illness including veterans with PTSD.

Comment

I see t shirts all the time that don't match the person wearing it and I assume they got the t shirt from a thrift store, charity or found it.

The real question should be. what kind of person gives away a Bownanza shirt? I am joking so I hope there is not really a TBHer that is in that situation.

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
            Judge much? Sure there are many that put themselves there with bad decisions but there are also many affected by mental illness including veterans with PTSD.
            ^^ This

Comment

Well I’m kinda homeless. Sold house and land and living in an Air BnB on Lake LBJ. We are kicked out in March and have not one clue what we are doing in the future.

Truth!

Some people, like ones here posting cant stand the truth. The fake homeless people, ruined it for all the good honest ones

Comment

Garage sale shirt I would guess. There can’t be that many horn fans out there. LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                  Truth!

Some people, like ones here posting cant stand the truth. The fake homeless people, ruined it for all the good honest ones
                  I've spent my whole life here in Dallas, either living in or working in. I've got pretty good at telling which ones are for real and the ones just bumming. The two things I look for are jewelry and shoes. If they have nice looking watches or chains around their neck, I don't give them a second thought. If they have a pair of brand new $300 Nike's on, I don't give them a second thought. I saw one once that took $ from someone and then walk over and got in Lincoln and drove off. This guy looks like he really needs help.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                    Truth!

No they didn't. Give with a good heart if you are called to. The rest is on the person receiving the money. I'm sure I've given a "professional" bum money, but that's not on me. Now the ones who are obviously full of **** don't get a second look. That's just me. And that's the truth.
                    You can literally find tons of examples of people who are less than honorable who scam money in multiple scenarios. I'm not going to quit giving to people who I think need help because one jack*** is full of it. People use that excuse for a lot of things.
                    Last edited by Graysonhogs; 12-10-2020, 08:07 AM.

Comment

What's that lakeside retreat setting you back?
                      Terrible post.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                        No they didn't. Give with a good heart if you are called to. The rest is on the person receiving the money. I'm sure I've given a "professional" bum money, but that's not on me. Now the ones who are obviously full of **** don't get a second look. That's just me. And that's the truth.
                        You can literally find tons of examples of people who are less than honorable who scam money in multiple scenarios. I'm not going to quit giving to people who I think need help because one jack*** is full of it. People use that excuse for a lot of things.
                        Couldn't agree more

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                          I agree with this completely.

Comment

I usually have some hunting cloths in my truck during hunting season and more than once I've been downtown in the past and noticed someone homeless at a stoplight when it's pretty cold out, usually down by that Medieval Times off 35, and tossed them a camo sweatshirt or jacket or something. Don't recall any TBH shirts but Im sure others on here have probably done the same.

Comment

I had this same thought process before I really became educated on how easily it is to become homeless. I have a student right now who is homeless, the issues that led up to them being on the streets are simply mind-blowing and in no way their fault. You really have no clue what you are talking about.

Hope the other person is there today so you can find out, I would give lots to help out.

Comment

Working...
                              X