Codeman's 66 Chevy Truck (On the road!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats gonna be a bad azz truck.

I can't wait til the 3 AM, I'm stuck, calls start coming in. It's gonna be fun!!

Comment

Originally posted by Joey~AP View Post
      Since the Blazer's wheelbase is 8.5" shorter than the 66, I am going to have to cut that much out of the bed, betwixt the cab and the rear wheel wells.
      Go with a wood stake-side so it can be loaded from the sides?

Mad project, when that 77 was coming apart I could almost smell the grease.

Comment

Looks Good Joey

Comment

Originally posted by SCRIBNER View Post

I can't wait til the 3 AM, I'm stuck, calls start coming in. It's gonna be fun!!
          3 AM????? Momma ain't gunna let him stay out that late!!

Comment

All I can say is Bad ***. Awsome skills. I hope to build an older vehicle for and with my son for his first. Although I will have to outsource a lot of the work. My skills are more toward construction not auto's. Again, Bad ***.

Comment

Add a leafs on the front, with those big ol springs will make it ride similar to the back of the black Toyota. I would see about having those re-arched rather than adding leaves. Just a thought.

And I hope you smash your thumb betwixt a 1/2" drive ratchet handle and the frame, for that email you sent me!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                And I hope you smash your thumb betwixt a 1/2" drive ratchet handle and the frame, for that email you sent me!
                Ditto!

That Codeman is one lucky kid! Y'all are doing a mighty fine job on that cruiser.....but I have a question....you put in a speedometer that goes to 160????

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew View Post
                  3 AM????? Momma ain't gunna let him stay out that late!!
                  Naw, he'll have it stuck before midnight......but it'll take him till 3 to walk to where he can get cell service.

Don't worry Mary, he'll run out of gears or blow it up before he gets much over 120.

Comment

lookn good

Comment

Man Joey that is looking good, I was wondering how far along you guys had made it so far.
                      I would agree with Dale and have the springs re-arched vs putting and add a leaf on the front.

Go ahead and arch them a bit extra, I have a spare BBC sitting on a stand we can stick in there !

Comment

Originally posted by SCRIBNER View Post

Nah.....he'll just call me and i'll take the Beast out there to get him!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                          X2

Comment

djs....THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A "spare" BBC....NEVER!

Comment

Very nice project Joey.

The thing I like best is, after it's all complete, Cody will actually have some idea of how to work on his own truck. Very few kids seem to have been given this opportunity. You done good!

Comment

Thanks!

We learned last night that Bondo is flammable!
                                Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
                                l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
                                ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

Working...
                                X