No announcement yet.

New blind coming along quite nicely....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sure some of you are tired of seeing this thread but....I did some more work tonight on the new blind. Looks like I missed the fireworks on the speed bow thread but got my front windows in and I am probably better off that I missed it...lol. I decided to go with long narrow peep windows on the side based on how much I actually had my side windows open in the Smart Mahal. Chris gave me the idea and I decided to see how it'll work. Notice I did make the "covers" larger on all windows to allow for sawzall expansion if I feel the need to when I've had a chance to sit in it with deer coming around. But I think this thing is large enough to maneuver around for a shot in the feed pen out of the main center window. I plan on covering the peeps with either black solar screen tacked to the inside so I can open the door and see through them but they can't see in or some tinted plexiglass on the advice of KingsX. I'm having a hard time finding it around here.

Next up on the to-do list are the side panel windows as a I do have shot possibilities outside my pen and want the flexibility to shoot there if I can. Blind face will be sitting against a 15 panel feedpen so I have a left or right shot if the deer come that way or won't get in the pen.

Here some pics from tonight

Cut windows, added small shelf across front for some storage, and added vent in top back left to help get hot air out. The shelf is out of my bows way in case anybody asks.

Mounted window mounts, covers and their wooden "locks" . Went this way because the metal door hasps I used previoulsy are noisy...I may revert back to them if these don't keep the doors closed adequately. I also made them with the door opening down. The doors opening sideways in the SM, while nice, are a PITA for video equipment.

And finally with doors closed. I don't know why this camera contorts the top half of some of the pics....unless it is just a visual or the light aided by the black primer paint on the metal pieces. Everything is level and square around the shelf but looks different in these pics. Almost as if the left of the shelf is lower....hmmmmmmm. Anyway..almost ready to paint and load up for a trip to Christoval. Won't be long now.

Last edited by Smart; 06-20-2008, 12:42 AM.

Comment

Lookin' good!

Comment

what's with those rifle holes!!!!!!!!

Comment

I like it Smart. Great job.

Comment

Originally posted by mesquitecountry View Post
            what's with those rifle holes!!!!!!!!
            Hero......comprende "peep weendows??".....

Comment

Great job man! I'm impressed.

If I ever need a good rifle blind I might get you to build me one.

Just messin' with you and dogpilin' on Travis' comment!

Comment

TT is looking good.

Comment

When is the radiant barrier going in?

Bigger is always better. Nice blind.

Comment

Lookn good! I bet that stand will be comfortable to sit in all day...

Comment

Nice looking blind.

Comment

Looks darn good Smart. I bet you can't wait to watch an arra fly outside of the blind towards something with hair.

Comment

Jason, I used to buy tinted plexiglass at Home Depot/Lowes/ If not, I know that Monarch over here in Arlington sells it, though a little pricey. Call around to some glass companies, some of them sell it also. If I ever find a long term lease I might build myself on of them fancy blinds.
                          Last edited by Mike D; 06-20-2008, 08:03 AM.

Comment

Good job. Looks like it's gonna be a heavy one!

Comment

Jason, the blind looks great. You might want to make your shooting window a little bigger if you plan on shooting some coons at night with a light mounted in your stabilizer hole. Plus I've seen way to many people shoot the bottom of their window.

Comment

Looks good.

Do you video any of your hunts? Any plans on a video camera port?

Comment

Working...
                                X