Watering system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.southtexastripodsandfeede...ter_barrel.JPG

I was looking for ideas for a rain catch sytem I was building and saw this. Very similiar to what a bunch of you have done. Just thought it was another good idea. Also, if your in the Buda area they sell the blue 55 gallon barrels with a faucet/valve installed on the bottom. It's right off of I-35 real close to Cabela's. I think it's called Barrel City and they go for $40.

Comment

Our deer drink the water down fast enough that we don't worry about evaporation too much. I have two 110 gallon throughs at each feeder. We help each other by filling all troughs when ever we are down. The 220 gallons lasts about 2 weeks. The biggest problem we had was how long it took to fill our transfer tanks. We solved this with a large overhead tank with a float valve fill and 2" discharge pipe. Now the tank is always full and it only takes a few minutes to fill the transfer tank.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0148.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	112.3 KB
ID:	23852133

Comment

Smart, you can easily link 4 or 5 55 gallon barrels together and get more volume.

Comment

Water troughs working well. I need more tanks per station. Based on what I'm seeing on the camera, the tanks are making it about 7 to 10 days before going completely dry.

I'm seeing a lot of critters at the water stations but I was a little surprised to see this....

Comment

Originally posted by bar2hunter View Post
            DavisHollow, how is the small trough working out for you?
            Sorry for the slow response. The small ones are working fine for me. But I seem to be the only one.

Comment

Here is the proof...if you build it......they will come
              Last edited by raiderelkhunter; 03-14-2013, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Saaaweet!!!

Comment

Almost

Well, we went out to our place in the Guadalupes and tried to finish off our guzzler but ran out of time (mostly because our water pump wouldn't work). And I guess I did run a little short on materials. I did manage to plumb together our barrels, but I still need to connect the rain catches finish painting and fill the barrels (this time with a working water pump).

On the left side of the pic you can see the half barrels we'll be using for a rain catch. I'll have to post more pics when we finish (whenever that will be).
                  Attached Files

Comment

ttt
                    kool stuff

Comment

I need to make one of these

Comment

You guys have got me to thinking I have to build one too....I bought two 275 gallon tanks yesterday, the ones with the metal cage around them. I will start on it after the first of the year and get it out by the first of spring. I will have to post it when finished...thanks for all the ideas...

Comment

I just leave a 24 pack of ozarka in my feeder pen and leave a sign that says " 1 at a time, please"

Comment

Good job, donpablo! That oughta be awesome when it all comes together.

Comment

cool anymore ideas i might start building one soon

Comment

can someone tell me what that thing is called that connects to the water hose or pvc pipe..

Comment

Working...
                                X